The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray prices/recommendations

Tommyd16

I'm sure this has probly been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance, but I know a lot of supras have been resprayed.

So what price are people paying for a colour change without taking engine out. And any places that are recommended around midlands or Hampshire.

I was thinking of getting the car plasti dipped but not sure how good it is.

I've seen some really good plasti dip jobs recently, a local guy has been experimenting with gloss lacquer mixed in to see if he can get more of a shine off it but it's not quite there yet. £2k+ for a proper windows out respray, obviously you can get cheaper by cutting corners or going somewhere less reputable but then you're taking a bit more of a risk, and at the end of the day you usually get what you pay for.

That's defiantly true when it comes to resprays you get what you pay for. Also I would think about respraying it in the Standard colour, sometimes it seems like a good idea at the time changing the colour but it can knock the value off a car aswell as looking a bit tacky if you get stone chips ect. Don't get me wrong you can get a decent painter to do a very good colour change but sometimes a fresh respray in the standard colour can look a lot better than you think :). What colour is the car?

All depends on what your having done, how much work is needed on your car, what colour your having ,etc etc all adds up ..

Your best doing your research on what bodyshops to go to first ... Maybe see some examples of there work, have an idea of what you want, colour etc and going down to the bodyshops with the car and get some quotes ...

It's silver 199. Wanting to go white or a guy local to me does plastiddip for about £700 so might give that a try. I like this. He says he can do this colour and put abit of pearl in it http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/11/ugasu7er.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/11/9yvazuru.jpg

You could save your self A LOT of money doing the plasti dip yourself and there's no needing to sand it down or anything. You clean the car, prep the surface with a solution so it adheres better and spray all over the car a few times. 6-7 is the best I believe and then pull off any bits that covers the lights etc.