The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Episode II A New Hope

jim

After 8 years ownership and 100k daily driving it's nearly time to let my supra go :( going to be gutted to sell it, and one that I'll forever wish I'd been able to keep.

It's not so bad tho, I picked up my new one last night :cool: it's a member's car and has been kept immaculately during his years of ownership, I'd my eye on it since I first saw it and luckily he recently agreed to part with it. I've got a lot of parts already gathered up for it so hopefully it won't take long getting it looking how I want. I'm not doing the kit thing again, I love the ridox kit on my black one but this time I want one that's super clean, stock bodied, low and with nice wheels, so just some subtle changes really. The car's a 97 facelift na auto (same as the black one) with 70k miles and nothing done apart from a set of wheels. It's a great base to start from, interior is black (carpets and headlining) and has had a soft black leather retrim front and back at some point. Body/paint work is mint. Today I am like a dog with two d***s :D

Bits I have:

Tein monoflex coilovers - done

Stich Mesh III wheels - done, but changed for SSR SP1's

Gen7 celica steering wheel - done

Clear headlight lenses - current headlights are good, probably won't bother changing

Carbon airbox - decided to stick with the stock airbox

Carbon cooling plate

Carbon rad shroud - decided to stick with stock shroud

Blitz induction kit - decided to stick with stock

Stainless bolts for bay - done

Audio (headunit, amps, speakers, sub etc) - done

Heckler fog pcb - done

Heckler blue dash conversion

Bits I also want:

Active front lip - done

Flocked dash panels - changed my mind, probably stay with stock

Heckler blue heater controls - bought but not fitted yet

Lexus calipers - done

Will post pics in a mo :)

Edited by jim (see edit history)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wanted a lower mileage one bud, there was 40k on mine when I bought it, it's got 140k now and with me adding 50+ miles a day I didn't want to keep hold of it and it have so many miles that it would be worth nothing in another few years. I'll hopefully get another 8 years & 100k out of this one :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got it through mot on Saturday night, insured from this morning and getting it taxed at lunchtime :) officially on the road today. I'm considering keeping the bbs's for a while, they look alright and 17s are a noticeably better drive. I've got the coilovers in and will wind them down at the weekend now it's through mot.

Wee point of interest, when I phoned to transfer my insurance the additional cost for the remaining 8 months was £140 (inc £20 admin fee). I queried this as my annual premium is £210 and I couldn't understand a 50%+ hike for what's basically the same car. It was amended to £23, and the reason for the increase was the date of purchase - you get additional discount for being an experienced (supra) driver but as this was a recent purchase it wiped out that discount. Worth remembering if you're an existing supra driver changing to a new supra.

Cheers guys, I'm really happy with it, it doesn't feel just as sharp as the black one yet but I'm hoping when I ditch the mushroom filter and get a more free flowing exhaust on it'll help a little. 1A1 is my favourite colour too james but they're not easy to find.

I'm putting the blue dash into the new one Lee, not for sale I'm afraid mate :) I've been pleasantly surprised with the stock sub (it's got the premium sound system) but I'm looking forward to ditching it too and getting my 12" sub and amps in :cool:

Cheers Mark, looking forward to getting properly stuck into it :) I'm 40 with no claims ever (touch wood) and I've been driving a supra daily for 8+ years so the premium has really come down, although it's always been fairly cheap. Bit gutted you're keeping your active spoiler lol, had my eye on it! I need to pm you about lenses too bud...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a new phone at the weekend so I've been experimenting with the camera, still haven't made much progress on the modifications but I'm hoping that will change now that I've knocked the grass on the head (:D)

Cheers Drew 😊 20+ years of daily toking so I decided to give it a rest, I'm not saying never again but I'd be happy to restrict it to a night or two at the weekend once I'm sure I've conquered it