The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Police smashed my car off the road.

mac79

So while heading home tonight as I was pulling off from a junction,a copper came round the other side of an artic smashed into the rear driverside quater span me round and into a lampost.

The car is totalled any advice on making sure I get what the car is worth back so I can replace it. As I am not letting some idiot of a police officee spoil my supra fun.i worked hard to get that car plus searching for a good low mileage one at a good price.

Edited by Tyson
swearing (see edit history)

The best thing to do is do your own research on what it is worth and supply them 3 like for like examples of cars for sale and ask for the middle value of those 3 cars - They need to pay you market value for the vehicle.

If your vehicle is not roadworthy you have the right to hire a car up until 7 days after you receive payment for your vehicle which is generally done on a "credit hire basis" although I am not 100% sure how you stand in relation to the vehicle being blue lighted as I once had a hire claim turned down by one company and accepted by another in a similar situation.

If you need help with anything just drop me a PM, this is the business I was in for the last 5 years and have plenty of contacts if you need.

I just hope this gets sorted quickly cause then I have to find another one to replace mine.

I need thank the people who are helping if anyone could help with examples.

Mine was a auto tt gz with 54000 mile at the time of crash with full service history and no marks or dents.

I just hope this gets sorted quickly cause then I have to find another one to replace mine.

I need thank the people who are helping if anyone could help with examples.

Mine was a auto tt gz with 54000 mile at the time of crash with full service history and no marks or dents.

I would say a very desirable auto car really, Top of the range and low mileage

Bad news on the crash, good news on your OK :thumbs:

Hope your fully insured with all mods declared etc as I can imagine the police will do everything they could not to have to pay out :(