The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello, I am MJ, not yet to own Supra yet...

Guest mj86

Hi guys and girls, I'm MJ, and since I got email from here, suggested to me that I should introduce myself

Unfortunately I don't have and own a Supra yet, but hopefully in the summer or autumn will be change.

Now I know the threads and posts might be here in the forum and I complete understand no problems.

But what I wants to know if before I decided to purchase a Supra, is worth it to get bpu tt in AUTO?

I mean I love the manual but at the same time, it is rare and quite expensive to buy it...

I understand that Auto can hold high power like 400-500bhp but at the same time, I do not know whether it is worth to get 400-500bhp in Auto,

or I should take a big gamble to get stock TT 6 speed and get BPU as well.

My budget would be 4-7k, insurance is not a problem for me as been checked out a quote with my details and NCBs.

What do you thinks?

Any feedbacks and comments would be greatly appreciated.

(By the way, sorry if you think I am speaking in weird english, you think that my language is weird or way too perfect, or I am saying in complicated way... the truth is I am profoundly deaf, :) ).

Hi and welcome to the forum. 7K will get you a very nice bpu auto with some change to spare but would only get you a TT6 that needs work. Bargains can be had in our classifieds but they rarely last that long so you need to be on your tip toes. The auto is defintely worth a shout as it is a very capable box up to about 550 BHP, it's torque that kills these boxs but the new trick syvecs units have manged to resolve this issue to a degree allowing a bit more to be squeezed out. Pay the 10 pound membership and have a nosey round the classifieds there are some lovely examples in there.

Hi and welcome to the forum. 7K will get you a very nice bpu auto with some change to spare but would only get you a TT6 that needs work. Bargains can be had in our classifieds but they rarely last that long so you need to be on your tip toes. The auto is defintely worth a shout as it is a very capable box up to about 550 BHP, it's torque that kills these boxs but the new trick syvecs units have manged to resolve this issue to a degree allowing a bit more to be squeezed out. Pay the 10 pound membership and have a nosey round the classifieds there are some lovely examples in there.

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/s6-pnp/

Also for membership, how long is 10 pound membership for? What about other option for lifetime?

Kind regards