The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Fast and the Furious - ITV - 9:00am

SupraStar 3000

love it or loath it, the Fast and the Furious is on TV tonight!

Incase your visiting this planet from Mars and have never heard of the film, it features a little known car called the SUPRA mk4.

:)

http://members.lycos.nl/chrisystyle/hpbimg/Car%20From%20The%20Fast%20And%20The%20Furious.jpg

EDITED FOR TIME!! (thanks James)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News is nearly over. Now's the best bit with the Hemi Charger :)

Technology 25 years behind the Supra, but absolute raw power. You've really got to drive one to appreciate the torque available, but its an experience not to be forgotten.

Years ago I used to have virtually the same as a daily driver. Those were definitely the days :D

You're right Stu, but all it needed was the Motec exhaust to make it really fly:)

That and the seemingly never ending number of NO2 buttons to push, to give it more and more gas :D

Best bit was in the first race, when Brian was fcuking about with his laptop while racing, class!

Just hope it was running Linux, 'cos if it was running M$ stuff, it'd be bound to crash half way through :eek:

I do hate it when they get the technicalities wrong in these films, but I suppose its only enthusiasts (anoraks), like us, who ever notice. The vast majority of the audience that its aimed at are either too young to drive, or think that a fast car is a Saxo or Nova :p Hopefully if nothing else, it opened their eyes to real performance, even if it wasn't that accurately portrayed.

All in all, not a bad film, better than most of the crap thats on TV these days. Story wise, probably on a par with my other two favourite films, 2 Lane Blacktop and Vanishing point, but then I don't really watch films like that for scintillating story lines :D

Ive got a question for ya :D

What is the rock/metal tune that plays when the SWAT operation starts "I don't care nothin about it" ?

I chucked some lyrics into google and found this (and only this!)

http://www.senac.com/nb/1662/bin/197.html

which makes me think its a wrestler called Rhino's theme tune. But Im stuffed if I can find the track.

I bought both soundtrack albums for this tune and it wasnt on either !