The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who runs the cheapie ebay exhaust system on their BPU?

Shane

I discovered yesterday that I have holes appearing in the pipe section of my 4" single box system. Its Just possible that I may be able to patch it up but my welding skills are pretty elementary and I only have arc not mig and think it will just go to holes when I try, but I do have some super thin rods.

Now I have seen the ebay ones for £180 ish and there is possibly a couple of used ones available cheaper so these would make it a cheap fix and am wondering what results people have had using them? My existing tail pipe is 5.5" and the ebay ones are 4.5. I have always loved look and note from mine and am wondering how these cheapie ones sound on a BPU, I run 3" decats BTW.

As I am running 3" decats I am guessing there will be no noticeable change in performance going down from 4" down to 3" cat back?

I've got one on my UK spec toyosports it's the same as the Motorola and a few other makes sounds really nice the only problem I had was the rubber mounting rings were very brittle and snapped within a few days so I swapped them with the old ones from my std exhaust it's been on about two years now no problems.

Adam (Justin Bieber) I believe has an eBay exhaust & it sounds lovely!! Maybe message him for more info Shane?

Cheers ABZ, Cheers Abz, may well do that, he runs BPU as well doesn't he?

i had one on my NA it was LOUD but sounded really good lol

j

Thanks Dan, cant quite make up my mind if I like the rolled end thing.

I bought one from eBay brand new for £90ish, absolute bargain :) They're pretty good quality, fit nice and come out at an angle.

I have seen them go for that amount in the past, but as usual now I have been looking they are all buy it now.

I think there is a RSR on eBay for £150 they are nice and loud :)

Yes am very tempted by this, but its collect only and dont have enough time in my life to drive down there for it. Are the RSR 3 or 4 inch pipework can anyone tell me?

I saw that, it's didn't sell first time round. A great exhaust :)

Maybe I should make an offer on it if its been hangiing around for a while.

I would they sound really nice on the supra

My concern is that they are mild steel tubing by the looks of it and only the box and tail pipe is stainless. This is were I am now with the one I have on it and as always the mild steel section always rots through or the joint to the box fails. Seen it a few times now.

I had a Blueflame custom exhaust made for my old NA and that was great, but it wasnt cheap and not sure if I want to go down that route when there are much cheaper alternatives around which by all accoiunts so far seem to be pretty good.

decisions decisions!

Can you not just have a 4" bit of pipe made up to replace the Swiss cheese you have now ?

Sadly it's gone right on a sharp angled bend so a sleeve type of repair isn't possible. Going to pull it off tonight if I am home in time and try a test weld, will post a photo and you will see what I mean.

Adam (Justin Bieber) I believe has an eBay exhaust & it sounds lovely!! Maybe message him for more info Shane?

Cheers ABZ, Cheers Abz, may well do that, he runs BPU as well doesn't he?

I have seen them go for that amount in the past, but as usual now I have been looking they are all buy it now.

Yes am very tempted by this, but its collect only and dont have enough time in my life to drive down there for it. Are the RSR 3 or 4 inch pipework can anyone tell me?

Maybe I should make an offer on it if its been hangiing around for a while.

Abz is indeed correct, and yes Biebs is full BPU, car sounds good with that exhaust on, not too loud either, only difference between that and some more expensive exhausts is the welds begin to rust, but for what you pay it's very good in my opinion.

I got mine for £180 delivered, full stainless steel, except for the welds, as mentioned, they have started to go rusty after nearly 3 years, it is used all through winter too. With the 2.5" ebay decats I paid £300 for a full turbo back system, fitment was spot on, for what I paid I can't really fault it! I'm in TTC, and my car is quieter that most BPU's in sequential I hear, this may be due to the 2.5" decats though. It sounds great on boost, the drone is liveable off boost cruising on the motorway, you can hear the exhaust but you don't have to raise your voice to talk above it. As for the performance I can't honestly say, but as some singles still use 3" catbacks without running into flow restrictions, I guess you would be ok :)

I got mine for £180 delivered, full stainless steel, except for the welds, as mentioned, they have started to go rusty after nearly 3 years, it is used all through winter too. With the 2.5" ebay decats I paid £300 for a full turbo back system, fitment was spot on, for what I paid I can't really fault it! I'm in TTC, and my car is quieter that most BPU's in sequential I hear, this may be due to the 2.5" decats though. It sounds great on boost, the drone is liveable off boost cruising on the motorway, you can hear the exhaust but you don't have to raise your voice to talk above it. As for the performance I can't honestly say, but as some singles still use 3" catbacks without running into flow restrictions, I guess you would be ok :)

Cheers Adam. Well the latest is that I have just pulled the rear section of mine off and cleaned it up around the holes and tried a test weld and it seems like I may be able to fix it without too much fuss.the rot is only right at the bottom of the pipe, the rest of it is still nice clean thick steel. It has only gone through were it has scraped a few times over the years. Will put up a few pictures tomorrow.

Had one of these exhausts on my first NA. Sounded really nice and was good quality too. It was on the car for over a year before I got it and is still going strong and I got it at the start of 2012 so they are pretty good! Only thing to look out for is the brackets on the back box. On mine they weren't at the right angle so needed hooped rubbers which are rubbish IMO...