The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help on alloy sizing!

Drgray

Basically on my supra I can't tell the correct dimensions of the alloys. I just know they are Rays Volk Racing Challenge alloys.

The tyres on the front are 235/45/zr17

The tyres on the rear are 255/40/zr17

Obviously I know they are 17" alloys but I am looking for some new alloys and just would to knock what alloy sizes would be appropriate. Going to go to 18" i think, the width at the back is fine and the front looks as though it could manage a tiny bit wider. I'm assuming there is a wheel spacer on the back wheels but not the front.

I've tried uploading photos but just keeps saying it's failed, will try again soon

Thanks in advance

Ok just tried to no avail to find the sizes, guess I will have to get the car out the garage and jack it like you suggested :(

For gods sake man, don't be so lazy, take the wheels off. You will probably need to clean the dried dust and mud off the inside of the rims anyway to get to the marks.

Seems so, but I only have the crappy jack that comes with the car so looks like getting them all off and cleaned is going to be an all day job.

On another note, what is the max width advisable for alloys on the front of the supra with stock arches and no spacer?