The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with sub

scott87

How much of a rush are you in mate, I might be able to help?

No rush really, would like it done as soon as but i havent even had the sub delivered yet, it is just a bog standard 10" jbl job but i just need something to take the bass from the speakers as they just arent good enough.

Some help would be great. :) Im pretty handy just cant get my head around making one of these as its such an odd shape.

I prefer the top one or the bottom one really. I want to try to keep as much usable boot space as possible and the spare wheel!

The top one would be ideal if it would simply lift out if i unplug the speaker as i want to be able to drop the seat occasionally.

Top one's very similar (if not the same as) one that a member designed on here a few years ago, they come up for sale the odd time, I think there was maybe a batch made? Can't remember who, but I'll have a search to see if I can dig anything up.

The bottom one looks very similar to mine, my mate's an audio installer and made it for me but I had to lose the spare wheel (more for the amps than the box, they're under a false floor). It's one of the best mods I've done with the car, the sound quality and low down bass is magic.

edit: beat me to it Al

Top one's very similar (if not the same as) one that a member designed on here a few years ago, they come up for sale the odd time, I think there was maybe a batch made? Can't remember who, but I'll have a search to see if I can dig anything up.

The bottom one looks very similar to mine, my mate's an audio installer and made it for me but I had to lose the spare wheel (more for the amps than the box, they're under a false floor). It's one of the best mods I've done with the car, the sound quality and low down bass is magic.

edit: beat me to it Al

Cool thanks.

I definitely dont want to loose the spare wheel as i run stock rims so it is useful to me!

Im thinking with the top one too i could fix the amp to the back of it or under it or something..... Just need some help actually making it! :)