The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU Advice (Syvecs) Meth/Nos

Noz

So. I'm going for more power. I've a new box, soon to go in, with an A01B diff.

Ignoring the engine/fueling modifications, I want some advice on ECU selection.

I have a meth kit soon to go in. I opted for this to help with high compression. Now I'm hoping to use nitrous to help spool (ignoring any PSI selection) and maybe more depending on the results.

I can get the same power without nos, but I'd like to learn and experiment with using it.

So I'm looking at nitrous controllers. I also need a boost controller.

Now, if I sell my emanage ulltimate, and don't buy other controller units, I won't be that far off from a syevecs ECU (with a bit extra and ignoring sensors).

Do I just get basic controllers, and use my current old setup, or is it worth going all in and getting a syvecs. No EMU, no nos controller, no boost controller, less gauges, meth system integration, more safety.

I read JamieP's old thread on pistonheads absolutely loving his pre-spool nos setup from the syvecs. I need a window switch for the nos and other hardware with a nos controller anyway. So I'm thinking collate the requirements into one setup.

I should also be able to feed in the safety sensors from the meth and also give me details on knock (which I was also going to investment a small amount on knock sensor and display output).

Further to this, I could remove most of my gauges to fund the ecu setup, as they wouldn't be needed. I will need a remap anyway, so surely getting it set up at the same time seems to make sense.

Also, can anyone confirm you can switch maps on the move?

Any advice please?

Syvecs with a fuel flex sensor is best.

My GTR is mapped to 60% ethanol mix, I can then run anything between 0% and 60% and the fuel flex sensor tells the ecu how much boost and timing to give me.

No switching maps etc, the ecu sorts everything out.

Ethanol/methanol is brilliant stuff, the car will run so much cooler on it.

I dont have one as im not that far yet but I will in the next year be switching from stock ECU to Syvecs many will say its just the way this forum is geared but looking at the results it cant be denied when it comes to ECU and Mapper go big or go home.

E85 is used at slow and at fast rates. For me, I also have no local stations.

I think for the cost of water/meth for the added benefits of E85 I can't justify the increase in fuel cost. E85 from comparisons only comes into its own top end with the added performance.

I think the added cost of different units, I would be better to get a syvecs and not buy various controllers and equipment to run one unit.

Now to look out for a second hand S6!

Deffo go for the syvecs, it's Ann awesome bit of kit! Will take care of everything you need it to and more! Plus the added factor of being able to save your engine if anything goes wrong :)

I didn't know the flex fuel sensor worked with methanol,

I was going to buy a direct port meth kit but now after finding this out forget it,

Will get a flex fuel sensor for the syvecs and get it mapped with methanol.

Are my right in saying if its mapped on i.e 60% i can run up to 60% methanol and anything under that?

Cheers for saving me £600+

I didn't know the flex fuel sensor worked with methanol,

I was going to buy a direct port meth kit but now after finding this out forget it,

Will get a flex fuel sensor for the syvecs and get it mapped with methanol.

Are my right in saying if its mapped on i.e 60% i can run up to 60% methanol and anything under that?

Cheers for saving me £600+

Spot on mate, get it mapped to the max % you are ever likely run, mine is done to 60%