The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommendation for wheel banding in the South?

Big Supes

• 4 weeks later...
Bingo... back in business! Thanks Fizzy, I'll give him a shout. :)

I would be careful banding the wheels mate especially if you are doing stock 17's or something as trying to find a 315 or similar section rear tyre in 17" form is incredibly difficult/nigh on impossible from looking, unless you want to poo your pants in the rain and use R888's :blink:

I would be careful banding the wheels mate especially if you are doing stock 17's or something as trying to find a 315 or similar section rear tyre in 17" form is incredibly difficult/nigh on impossible from looking, unless you want to poo your pants in the rain and use R888's :blink:

Yeah, tyres have definitely been a consideration. I know 315's are a bitch after speaking with Steve.m. I was thinking about 305's as, apparently, they're easier to source.

I'm currently running low on clean underwear running full bpu in the wet as it is! :D

Yeah, tyres have definitely been a consideration. I know 315's are a bitch after speaking with Steve.m. I was thinking about 305's as, apparently, they're easier to source.

I'm currently running low on clean underwear running full bpu in the wet as it is! :D

:lol: comes in with quite a kick doesn't it :D

Let us know how you get on if you do go with 305's I take it you are trying to band the stock 17's then?

Managed to speak to Banded Wheels Essex and Zak Williamson... both don't touch alloy wheels. :(

Just waiting on Alloy Weldcraft to come back to me. In the meantime, I think I'll tap up some old contacts who are constantly tig welding alloy on boats to see if they fancy it...

• 1 month later...