The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet bulge opinions

Delboy52

I'm going to have to make some modifications to my bonnet and looking for some style ideas.

Found this image of the kind of thing I'm thinking of.

On a side note, what do you think of the headlight overlap that's been done? It's a Photoshop apparently.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?629251-Does-anyone-on-SF-know-where-they-make-this-hood-in-the-OEM-version-or-is-Custom

Thats a do luck bonnet, I started making a copy but with the bulge being 30mm higher than that. Doubt I'll ever finish it with everything else that needs to be done first.

As for the headlights it's a bit old school, crap, max power, fiesta, 106, saxo badboy for me. Takes away the signature supra look imo.

I think it makes the front end look a bit newer. The headlights don't look like `bad boy` because the round curvature keeps it looking like headlights and not evil eyes corsa style.

Think it looks good. But probably way more hassle than it's really worth.

Nice. I thought it was custom at first. You have any photos of your bonnet progress Kaan?

Not yet, it's only at early stages at the moment building the main structure from wood over an old j spec bonnet, once fillered and smoothed off I can then make a mould.

I think it makes the front end look a bit newer. The headlights don't look like `bad boy` because the round curvature keeps it looking like headlights and not evil eyes corsa style.

Think it looks good. But probably way more hassle than it's really worth.

I don't see how it looks any different to the Corsa/Saxo/Fiesta brigade myself. Lots of them have rounded headlights and get these silly 'eyebrows' put on them. I'm all for subtle mods, but taking queues from Max Power and Fast Car magazines really ruins Supras IMO :(

So your car is 100% stock?

Not entirely, it has alloys and it's despoilered.(I'll be reversing the latter soon) - hardly something associated with Max Power magazine covers now is it? ;)

The eyebrows just cheapen it, Supra headlights are pretty recognisable - you know it's a Supra, not some random sh**ter with extra bits of fibreglass tacked on to the bonnet.

Edit: Furthermore, the OP asked for opinions, he didn't say "Please only post your opinion about this bonnet if it's positive."

It's for functional reasons that I'm going to need to make a change. Either modify my Jspec or find a bonnet like this. Looks like Do Luck bonnets are rare and don't fit first time.

- - - Updated - - -

You did it to a Charge Speed didn't you David? I looked at your thread last night.