The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Banzai at Crail - 25/05/14

Westy

• 4 weeks later...
I'd be up for this. Never been to Crail before and am supposed to be going up with people from work in August so could be a good scouting mission :eyebrows:

You haven't missed much, it is a bit of a dump tbh. I used to go years ago and it was a hovel, I went a couple of years ago after a good few years absence and It hasn't changed. Makes you wonder what they have done with all the gate money. Could do with a bit of tarting up.

The strip isn't actually to bad, ok it's not like Santa pod but it's 90% better than uk roads ha ha

Don't really see the point in going to crail if your just gonna park up and walk around looking at civics or watch civics going down the strip. Sure it would make for a much better day to show them who's boss and challenge each other at the same time :)

Unless your scared of being beat by v-tec :D

I probably won't run the car on it,

Definitely wouldn't be running down the strip.

Why not? What do you think is going to happen to your cars by accelerating down an old runway?

It's no worse than driving on the roads in Scotland.

The strip isn't actually to bad, ok it's not like Santa pod but it's 90% better than uk roads ha ha

Don't really see the point in going to crail if your just gonna park up and walk around looking at civics or watch civics going down the strip. Sure it would make for a much better day to show them who's boss and challenge each other at the same time :)

Unless your scared of being beat by v-tec :D

Not likely a TT would get beat by a V-tec anything unless it was FI. I drove around a Type R at Crail in the wet after making a mess of the start.

It's huge fun drag racing against other cars, if you don't take it too seriously aren't worried about your time. :)

Suppose the worry for TT Supras is the newest bunch of hot hatches having 300hp(thinking Focus RS etc) as standard and being fwd they are easier for job bloggs to launch.

Also it's only as neddy as every other car event in Scotland so I wouldn't let that put people off.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll no longer be attending this as there is now an event named May Mayhem which is at Irvine Beach Park.

Last years event was massive and there are already 700 odd stating attendance on FB.

Plus it's only 5 mins from my house.:D

• 1 month later...
Guest sheila

Hi there I am going to crail tomorrow also I am trying to meet people who have supras as im not great on this website as you can probably tell. Ive just started using it again and already had people helping me but would be good to see if there is any Scottish organisations that meet up. Hopefully see more fellow supra owners tomorrow

Guest sheila
I've been asked to be on the jdm prestige stand, so should be along to this
I was asked to take my car down for marcins stand not sure if that's the same thing

Guest sheila
I'll be there. I believe Marc will as well. Need to see how the weather is as to whether I'll run or not :)
It will be good to see other supras. Marcin asked me to bring my car down so looking forward to it,