The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice demonstration of drifting

MrAngry

I SO want to learn how to do it!!

It was freezing cold here yesterday, and I didn't notice how slippery it was when I popped out in the supe.

Got to the T-Junction to join the main road that runs along my estate, and there was a gap in traffic, big enough to pull out, but small enough to need to hurry up doing it.

Put my foot down a *little* too enthusiastically and ended up stepping the rear out totally, to the point that I was almost facing the way i'd come out! Ever aware that oncoming traffic was getting much closer, I did my best to keep power on and corrected it, to find that it re-acted more predictable than i'd expected. Thank god slip control was off though, otherwise I think i'd have been in all kinds of trouble.

Amused me most when the van behind me pulled up along side at the traffic lights and the driver shouted "SHOW OFF!". I just looked at him and shrugged.

Hopefully he didn't see me shaking...

Slow dog, teach me how to do it on demand please :D

Guest slow dog

just come down to basingstoke we can have a play around. were i tought my self 3 lane rouanabouts loads of run off and a big car park here

come round we can have some fun:flame Dev

No worries .. my clutch is in LHR. Let's hope that the customs people don't cut it up looking for drugs or something and say afterwards "It was ok"

So, as soon as gets it's way to me and as soon as I've got the damn thing fitted - I'll give you a bell.

Hopefully before Xmas! :)

There have been a few 'drift days' organised on here, but all seem to be at airfields and cost loads of money (not to mention tyre costs!!). I don't fancy the grippy slate of an airfield tbh, would rather have a slippery surface to do it on - as long as it doesn't mean lowering to the level of the Novas in the Asda carpark!!

Guest slow dog

better do a drift round basingstoke meet underground still for people that put there name down can pm me so that people can read my pm's for a laugh and i will sort date and time out

my phone number before tdr edits it again 07788441104

Originally posted by slow dog

better do a drift round basingstoke meet underground still for people that put there name down can pm me so that people can read my pm's for a laugh and i will sort date and time out

Who can read your PM's? :blink:

Guys, we cannot as a club condone this sort of activity on public roads. I for one enjoy the sport of drifting in a suitable environment - it's great fun and very technical to do it properly (not just do a few powerslides, there's a big difference). Drifting is a big part of the reason why I built my 200SX. Have a look at http://www.driftworks.co.uk - there's a growing drifting scene in the UK and the best guys and all the organisers of UKD1 and such like can be found on this forum. Perhaps slow dog could enter and show some established names up?

Cheers,

Brian.