The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much would my car be worth

Supraleeturbo

For much the same reason as NA-TT's, a deviation from the cars original standard, another major modification to inform the relevant authorities and insurers about, admittedly the gearbox swap probably will not affect the insurance as much as a TT swap, if it affects it at all, but it would still carry the wrong details on the VIN plate. I know that given the nature of these cars and the vast majority of members attitudes to modifying this doesn't carry much weight, it is just my opinion that a converted car of a similar spec to a factory car is worth slighty less, whether that opinion is right or wrong :)

For the same reason an Aston Martin DB5 or DB6 converted to Vantage engine spec is not worth anything like what an original one is. Both go exactly the same, sound exactly the same, and look exactly the same. Only the price deltas vary between a converted 6 speed Supra and a Vantage enhanced DB, the premise is exactly the same.

For the same reason an Aston Martin DB5 or DB6 converted to Vantage engine spec is not worth anything like what an original one is. Both go exactly the same, sound exactly the same, and look exactly the same. Only the price deltas vary between a converted 6 speed Supra and a Vantage enhanced DB, the premise is exactly the same.

So why are 6speed worth more than autos??

The VIN plate will always say it's an auto.

I'd say that particular car would be worth around £10k, but would have been worth a little more if it was a factory TT6.

That converted NA6-TT in the classifieds is probably worth around £8k, because it started life as an NA.

The VIN plate will always say it's an auto.

I'd say that particular car would be worth around £10k, but would have been worth a little more if it was a factory TT6.

That converted NA6-TT in the classifieds is probably worth around £8k, because it started life as an NA.

Just curious but if the NA's diff is up to TT6 spec then why would you knock the NA conversion down so much over a auto to manual conversion? I agree that neither is ideal from an originality point of view but in essence we are talking a VIN code 'error' on both and a loss of the standard traction control on the NA conversion...

Just curious but if the NA's diff is up to TT6 spec then why would you knock the NA conversion down so much over a auto to manual conversion? I agree that neither is ideal from an originality point of view but in essence we are talking a VIN code 'error' on both and a loss of the standard traction control on the NA conversion...

I wouldn't touch a Supra with an engine swap with a bargepole, unless it had been done (and fully documented) by a firm like SRD, Whifbitz etc. There's just too much that can be bodged. But, I'd still be looking for a saving over a comparable factory TT6.

The NA6-TT in the classifieds is a hash up of various cars and parts, but is priced at low mileage, factory, VVti 6 speed money.

For much the same reason as NA-TT's, a deviation from the cars original standard, another major modification to inform the relevant authorities and insurers about, admittedly the gearbox swap probably will not affect the insurance as much as a TT swap, if it affects it at all, but it would still carry the wrong details on the VIN plate. I know that given the nature of these cars and the vast majority of members attitudes to modifying this doesn't carry much weight, it is just my opinion that a converted car of a similar spec to a factory car is worth slighty less, whether that opinion is right or wrong :)

:yeahthat:

I'd say £10k would be about right *if* it has facelift headlights.

I wouldn't consider the swap for the sake of economy though, you'd get a few gallons of petrol for the cost of a V160 ;) For me, the 6 speed is only essential on singles, BPU is more fun in an auto.