The mkiv Supra Owners Club

portland run event

nevins

Right guys. Dodgyrog has organised another run this year and from feed back the last o e was an event not to miss.

Who feels like they want to join in this year.

Below is the information supplied so you can learn more about the event.

We did this run back in 2009 (can't believe it was that long ago) and it was a great day

I have been trying to do it again for a while, but found it difficult to fit into the summer calendar, so I am going take a gamble and hope we get an early start to the summer

It will be done in the same fashion as 2009 with the different regions organising their own convoy to meet in the Bridport area at a set time

Hopefully us South West lot won't be late this time lol it was Blackie's fault

From Bridport I have a route along the stunning coastline to take us all out to the Pulpit Inn on the end of Portland for some food (food is ordered on the day from the Pub Menu and paid for then by yourselfs).

For those that came last time, the drive up the side of the pub is now levelled, so no more beached Supra's hopefully

I will be asking the Event Organisers in the other areas to copy this thread to there region and liaise with me to pull the areas together, this can be done once Steve updates the Event Organisers

This is just a start up thread to get interest and to get a date sorted, if the last one was anything to go by it is an all day thing

Please post your thoughts, if you want to come, if it is going to clash with another big event

Bring on the summer

Here is a link for the 2009 Portland Run

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?179546-Meet-Exeter-to-Weymouth-Sunday-19th-April&highlight=portland

and here is the Pic Thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?183231-Portland-run-meet-19-4-2009-Pics&highlight=portland

I will update this thread over Xmas with more in depth details, maps etc. The Pub Menu is going to be Updated, so I will post it as soon as I get it

Edited by DodgyRog
Links were not working (see edit history)

The route from Exeter was roughly 70 miles last time, I might change it slightly this time, which would reduce it slightly, but not that much

This is road we head down from Bridport for these views.

Bridport will be the Meeting point for anyone that doesn't want to go to Exeter or meet on the route above, from Bridport it is only about 10-15 miles with some great scenery

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)