The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs Auto Gearbox Control & SRD Paddle Shift

Lee P

We are proud to officially release the Syvecs Auto gearbox control

This is now available and can be added on to an existing S6 install or as a new install.

The auto control requires fitting an IO Expander to increase the capacity of the S6 ECU, this gives the ECU 10 more inputs and outputs.

The stock ECU can now be removed so the Syvecs takes full control of all functions

Prices are as follows

SRD Paddle Shift kit £699 Fitted

Auto Control add on to existing S6 Install £1000 (Additional mapping may be required)

Includes X10 IO Expander

Wiring into existing loom

Base Map

For new installs parts required are £2600 (plus additional sensors, fitting, boost solenoid, mapping ect

Includes

S6 ECU

Adapter Harness

X10 IO Expander

This can now be run on the new S6 plus ecu without the need for any additional boxes

Price is £2880 plus sensors, mapping, labour ect

Here are a few videos of it in action

Here are some details from Ryan

The Syvecs Auto Gearbox control for the Supra really came of the back of another big Syvecs project which we did for a customer in the middle east. They wanted full control of the latest Lexus boxes which are a lot more complicated and where Dual clutch technology was born from. This was done and after mentioning to Lee in passing conversation he wanted to offer a package for the Supra owners as still to this data no system matches what the Stock ecu does in terms of control, safety strategies and configurability.

A Kind member of the forum and good customers of Lee's kindly dropped the car down to get it working well on his Supra.

Many hours were spent on monitoring what the Stock ecu does to ensure we did not go down the same path as some competitor’s ecu a while back. This was done as well as looking at ways to make the shifts quicker on cars which are modified. Fantastic results were found after modifying the accumulator, line and lockup pressures as well as linking in a engine torque control strategy with ability to reduce ignition timing, throttle angle and much more.

Simple things like when going from Park to Drive it engages a higher gear to reduce the shock through the drive train have all been taking into account to ensure not only it is an improvement but the package also carries all the safety strategies as well to ensure the investment in the drive train is protected

The Paddles do offer a much improved added level of control and also the sport mode option for increased rpm shift point, line pressure and accumulator pressure modifying to sharpen the shifts up and down the box depending on the torque demand is superb to transferring the Auto supra into a real drivers car.

As Syvecs and SRD do a lot with the GTR'S a fair amount was brought into the strategies based on what the more modern cars do to aid in fuel saving, increased smoothness and shifting speeds. With over 160 maps to adjust and some training at Syvecs HQ SRD have done a great job of refining the package even more and even if a customer feels confident enough he or she could change the control to do as required live on the move.

With all Syvecs installs the advance data-logging really helps when being able to log parameters up to 1000 times a second to find those extra improvements. On a stock box we got the shift times down to around 300ms and on a built box I’m confident it could break 200ms. A R35GTR with Syvecs on average is around 70-100ms depending on clutch exchange.

We are really happy with the results so far and look forward to the feedback

Thanks

Lee & Ryan

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys, we will be doing some gearbox mods as well to try and reduce shift times.

The box is over 20 years old now and considering that it performs amazing really.

We are also looking into fitting a newer auto box from another car.

Think it could be a great alternative to fitting a V160

Thanks guys, we will be doing some gearbox mods as well to try and reduce shift times.

The box is over 20 years old now and considering that it performs amazing really.

We are also looking into fitting a newer auto box from another car.

Think it could be a great alternative to fitting a V160

Interesting, I heard a rumor about a Nissan 350 box.

The car had a fault with the rev counter at the time unfortunatly, it was sticking.

I was gunno ask this as it looks as if there's a delay between changing gear and actuall gear change. I assume thats the sticky rev counter though and gear change is pretty much instant from the moment the panel is flicked?

I was gunno ask this as it looks as if there's a delay between changing gear and actuall gear change. I assume thats the sticky rev counter though and gear change is pretty much instant from the moment the panel is flicked?

Its not an instant gear change, you can hear on the video when it changes.

Its a 20 year old box so its not gona change like a GTR lol...

Its very good though

This is why we are looking at a more modern box.

You car will shift quick Kaan because of the built box but its still going to have a small delay

Its not an instant gear change, you can hear on the video when it changes.

Its a 20 year old box so its not gona change like a GTR lol...

Its very good though

This is why we are looking at a more modern box.

You car will shift quick Kaan because of the built box but its still going to have a small delay

I never had sound when I watched the video so I was going by eye, not faulting your work this is brilliant mate!

Glad you've brought this out just in time for my build too :D

I agree with the built box controlled by the syvecs will make this incredible to drive, shift times on my built box before we're pretty quick anyway.

The car had a fault with the rev counter at the time unfortunatly, it was sticking.

okay

if the needle has been fixed it might be better to do another vid as it doesn't look good in a promotional advert for the unit that will be sending out the rpm signal,

really is great to be moving forward with the syvec though amazing bit of kit

okay

if the needle has been fixed it might be better to do another vid as it doesn't look good in a promotional advert for the unit that will be sending out the rpm signal,

really is great to be moving forward with the syvec though amazing bit of kit

Don't follow you, the backing was coming off the dial itself causing the needle to stick nothing to do with the signal. It only started doing it while we was out in the car.

You don't need to be looking at the rev counter to see what's going on you can hear it quite clearly.

Unfortunatly the car is no longer with us we only had a limited time to do some videos but I agree it is a bit frustrating