The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some assistance

tina n paul

Hi all , ok the wifes N/a Aerotop is drinking fuel

i changed plugs air filter oil et inc gearbox oil service , no warning lights on dash

I don't have the code reader equipment here .

but i need to get the cars codes scanned to see if any of the lambda sensors are at fault ..

As i don't really want to replace all four sensors at cost if i have to i will ,if there all shot ,

anybody near to surrey have the right code scanner reader that will identify any faults etc

Im willing to travel any help appreciated cheers Paul

Update code scanner read code 24 open or short circuit in air intake temp circuit for more than 0.5 secs ,

stupid question if i change it i should be good to go Theres no other faults that could mask it is there ?

Its the one that sits in the air intake box ,

Does anybody have a link for somewhere i could check the resistance of the air intake temp sensor to check it out before i order a new one

Edited by tina n paul (see edit history)

Update code scanner read code 24 open or short circuit in air intake temp circuit for more than 0.5 secs ,

stupid question if i change it i should be good to go Theres no other faults that could mask it is there ?

Its the one that sits in the air intake box ,

Does anybody have a link for somewhere i could check the resistance of the air intake temp sensor to check it out before i order a new one

Hi, Have you erased historic codes and tried again?

Sensor resistance.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?238522-2JZ-sensor-resistance!