The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Highest Milage/ Oldest supra on here.

GMan

This week my Supra passed 270,000 kms 270,260 to be exact or 167,932 miles.

I bought the car with a hair over 180k kms in 2008.

According to this http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

mine was built in November of 1993 so will be 21 years old this year. I drive 500 kms weekly most of it on unlimited autobahn at between 130-160 kms along with at least 1 daily 200+ Kmh run.

I abuse her daily and she just begs for more.

The Supra may be quite possibly the most reliable car ever built!

As all our cars are getting on a bit I thought we could see who has the most reliable Supra

How many miles does your supra have?

Honor system so try to be as accurate as you can as to when it was converted to miles.

Obviously if your engine has been rebuilt or replaced you have to be disqualified but please let us know what forced the rebuild.

I am really interested in stock engines running higher power.

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

iirc chris wilson said he services or has serviced one with 300k miles (or was it 200)

I'd like to see that I will be over 300k kms this year or close to 200k miles.

Might just Buy another supra to go turbo in to see how long this one goes!

Guigsy means it had over 300,000 in miles :)

I remember Chris mentioning it too, shows how fantastic these engines really are.

Guigsy means it had over 300,000 in miles :)

I remember Chris mentioning it too, shows how fantastic these engines really are.

only problems I had with my engine were the crank pully coming apart(was problably the original so lasted 19 years and the previous owner should have changed it) Alternator went out last year (20 years old by the looks of it too) cam cover gasket and distributor gasket.

Simply amazing engineering.

Some one has to figure out who that 300k owner is and get him to post on here

Circa, 2004 I went to see a UK spec car that had 239K miles on it, it was smokey and far from A1 but running 'ok'

Mine got somkey a few years ago on cold start and i assumed the valve stem seals would need changing soon But put it off as i could live with it for a bit. amazingly it got better not worse. only a tiny little bit on a cold day now.

1994 N/A, built December 93, replaced crank pulley and then just routine stuff like most bushes, drop links, tensioners and bearings, boot rubbers, shocks, calipers and discs etc etc, used daily no matter the weather, 142200 kms which is 88358 miles. These cars being made by the Japanese in the 90's were built to last and not like today's rubbish which is built to be recycled.

Im over ~260k on mine, used it for work all over the country.. Lpg'ed too.

I only drive it one a week now, radiator was destroyed in that time.. I.e no fins left. One new battery, and CW changed the clutch out for me when it started slipping.

Other than servicing it, nothing else has been spent fixing it. I bought it off Havard with 90k on it if i recall.

Im happy with the results, and it has depreciated less in my 170k miles of enjoyment than the owner that bought it brand new, and I got to drive it for much longer :)

Im over ~260k on mine, used it for work all over the country.. Lpg'ed too.

I only drive it one a week now, radiator was destroyed in that time.. I.e no fins left. One new battery, and CW changed the clutch out for me when it started slipping.

Other than servicing it, nothing else has been spent fixing it. I bought it off Havard with 90k on it if i recall.

Im happy with the results, and it has depreciated less in my 170k miles of enjoyment than the owner that bought it brand new, and I got to drive it for much longer :)

If that is 260 k miles you will be the current leader just grab a quick pic of you odometer

Where is the info on here to check chassis numbers and build date because I think fastcar has a very early chassis number 3000ish

there is a link on the first post, look up your vin in one of the ranges and you can find the month but unfortunately not the day of build.

I guess mine is the oldest so far at an early November build date.

Im surprised there arent a few more with over 200k now they are 20+ years old. Ive had a couple of mercs with over 200k on and still running great and knew of plenty with 400-500k. my car is 1993 i will have to look up the vin :)

There will be plenty over 200k, but with owners totally unaware that they are. ;)

Trust me clocking is an epidemic with imported cars. I'm not signaling anyone out, but people who honestly believe their obviously tired, 20 year old cars have all done under 100k miles are dreaming. I'm not saying there aren't low mileage cars out there, but nowhere near as many as every classified advert would have you believe. As has been said before, the person with the highest mileage supra on the club is probably blissfully unaware of the fact.

Edit: Just checked and between Pistonheads and Autotrader there are only 5 mkiv supras for sale with over 100k miles on the clock. Every other supra is under the magic 100k miles. Speaks volumes IMO.

Edited by st3ven1 (see edit history)

There will be plenty over 200k, but with owners totally unaware that they are. ;)

Trust me clocking is an epidemic with imported cars. I'm not signaling anyone out, but people who honestly believe their obviously tired, 20 year old cars have all done under 100k miles are dreaming. I'm not saying there aren't low mileage cars out there, but nowhere near as many as every classified advert would have you believe. As has been said before, the person with the highest mileage supra on the club is probably blissfully unaware of the fact.

Edit: Just checked and between Pistonheads and Autotrader there are only 5 mkiv supras for sale with over 100k miles on the clock. Every other supra is under the magic 100k miles. Speaks volumes IMO.

A plus for buying a UK spec I have a folder full of receipts and all the MOT's to verify the mileage on my car.