The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Space in the back

Guest hoff900

Guest hoff900

Hi all,

Not been on here for a few years, since I was last looking to get a supra, ended up going with an Impreza instead. Anyway that's now gone and I'm back looking to scratch the supra itch that's not gone away.

However before I start my quest I have maybe an odd question (there is very little info/pics on the net).

I have a dog (large greyhound) and where he was perfectly fine on the back seats of the Scooby and the current mondeo, how will the back of a supra be?

Can / do the seat fold down, how much room does that give? Can these rear seat be completely removed to gain more space?

Any pics or info would be very much welcome

Guest hoff900

Cheers for the info lads, this is what I feared.

Looks like the dogs got to go (only joking).

Anyone got some good car suggestions? I'm currently driving a mondeo st200 which is great, but coming from an MR2 turbo to an impreza. It just doesn't grab me, if you know what I mean? I've just got a massive soft spot for jap cars.

Cheers for the info lads, this is what I feared.

Looks like the dogs got to go (only joking).

Anyone got some good car suggestions? I'm currently driving a mondeo st200 which is great, but coming from an MR2 turbo to an impreza. It just doesn't grab me, if you know what I mean? I've just got a massive soft spot for jap cars.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Subaru-Legacy-GTB-2-0-Twin-Turbo-high-spec-5-door-Estate-/221112659219?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item337b576d13

Guest hoff900

Cheers for all the replies and suggestions.

Looks like I'm going to have to shelf the supra itch again.

You never know next time it comes around again I might be able to afford the new ft-1.

I had a harness and seatbelt for my Boxer when I had her. She just sat in the passenger seat no bother. Same with the rear and on longer journeys she just lay down on the back seat with her head on the centre compartment.

I never knew you were a boxer owner Tony. I have one he has been in the supra twice but he would only sit in the passenger seat with both paws on the dash. Looked hilarious but I was paranoid about scratched dash. To the op buy a cheap mk1 rav4 and insure it 3rd party that will keep the cost down enough to buy a supra and you can still use the rav in winter months as its AWD

I never knew you were a boxer owner Tony. I have one he has been in the supra twice but he would only sit in the passenger seat with both paws on the dash. Looked hilarious but I was paranoid about scratched dash. To the op buy a cheap mk1 rav4 and insure it 3rd party that will keep the cost down enough to buy a supra and you can still use the rav in winter months as its AWD

A few years ago bud, sadly don't have her now :(

It would be cruel to put a greyhound into a supra mate.

It would be cruel to a Supra to put a greyhound in it!!!!!

My old mk3 years ago had a dog owner previously and for years after I was continually hoovering dog hair out of it, gets everywhere for some reason. Worse though it must have thought the handbrake lever was a bone as it was well chewed.

Guest hoff900
I have a Doberman who is happy in the back seats

Just old quilt to make him a little more comfy

That's good to know. How big is your Doberman?

Thanks