The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra idling dodgy :( Short dodgy video to go with it

Drgray

usually if the car ain't idling properly means the idle control valve needs cleaning. but in you case from how lean your running could cause similar effects. (Possibly fuel pump?)

Also if you can try record your afr when you are driving around. if your afr are still very high take it home and don't drive it till you sort the problem. If you run that lean on wot you could possibly blow the engine

So any idea what was happening in my first video? The rpm dropped to 600 (or there about) and the engine was "blipping". That second video was done about 5 minutes later, again the afr was lean for a while then after revving it seemed to drop down. I don't particularly want to drive around the block again as I'm not really supposed to until the new reg comes back in 2 weeks. I could drive it back around the road for like 1 minute which means I have far less chance of being stopped. I will get back with a vid when I put it under boost although I need to figure where to get the camera set as I don't want to go sideways into another car lol.

Ok just taken 2 videos, one where I drive it just around the road out front, couldnt get fast enough to go second turbo but first one spooled. I will post that in a minute. Then after about 1 minute from when i stopped recording the rpm dropped again to about 600 and the blipping was happening. I have taken another video so will upload that after this one is done.

I'm not sure when it was last serviced but I plan on getting it done when its legal to drive, il take it somewhere like jm imports to get done. I hope if there is a problem its only something like the spark plugs

Ok uploaded a much better quality driving one same vid just higher quality.

idling dodgy vid again in higher quality

Anyone got any idea?

I'm going to get the car serviced for sure in the next week, can anyone suggest some new spark plugs?

My car does this when it's been raining for a few days. Same low iratic idle but my AFR gauge doesn't register anything. After a drive for a few minutes it seems to idle fine again with AFR around 14 to 15. It's a weird one.

Plug guide will be in the frequently asked questions bud.

My car does this when it's been raining for a few days. Same low iratic idle but my AFR gauge doesn't register anything. After a drive for a few minutes it seems to idle fine again with AFR around 14 to 15. It's a weird one.

Plug guide will be in the frequently asked questions bud.

That's symptomatic of an UEGO sensor mounted below centreline and can't drain condensation?