The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ferry Question

a98pmalcolm

Hay all. Bit of an odd question.

I'm looking at going to the isle of wight in april. i've never actually driven on to a ferry before.

I'm concerned about my exhaust hitting anything on entry as my the my vband hits speed bumps ect..

Any advise on this peps? Do ferrys have a very even service when driving on them?

Thanks

Never been on the Isle of Wight ferry but the ones I have been on to France you can book a low clearance ticket and go on the HGV deck which are a lot flatter. Don't know if this is an option on the smaller ferries though, might be worth asking when booking

Hey mate I lived there for 22 year, DO not take the supra! and if you do ask to go on the bottom deck. Are you on standard ride height? When I was moving from there I fitted my shine auto diffuser on standard ride height and wripped it off the next day trying to get onto the ferry.

Be very careful if you have to take the supra, get passengers to get out and drive on to the ramps at as much of an angle as you can. Also it may say sound stupid but the tides make a massive difference, some times it can be ok others its at a massive angle.

Good luck. Also how long you looking to go for and when? I may be able to get you a discount voucher :)

As Jake says, check the tides. If you go Lymington / Yarmouth at mid-tide you will be ok as it's pretty flat on and off. High and low tides can be a problem. Phone them when you book I know they will try to help as James came over with a magazine and they had some really low euro rides and they sorted them. (I think they took the Southampton route). Good luck.

I live on the island and always use Red funnel from Southampton as they are good to lowered vehicles and will put you on the lower deck. Never had a problem with the supra but still standard suspension. I go to shows with friends with stupid low euro boxes and they are all fine when we set off as long as they go slow.