The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra on eBay. Beware

JasonR24

Just thought I would share this:

http://bit.ly/1a8MHpb

This supra is for sale from the garage that brought such quality as this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391210223.403760.jpg

And Ill put the links to the threads here too.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=298361

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=283140

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=278203

I know the car for sale and is of the same quality as the one above.

Not going to comment as I think enough has been said already on this forum...

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

any one wanna loan mw 3k to buy it and strip it then split profit on sold bits ?

Wouldn't be very ethical to rip someone else off on dodgy bits....

The reason for sale is because they have ripped many people off and are more than likely doing a runner. Several members in fact have been ripped off by this garage.

The whole ad is riddled with lies... Its not a built engine and the reason it runs like shit is because the engine has blown several times....

You can write off most of the ad as lies tbh. Also the car is an NATT it you look at the tunnel it has the same welding job as what was done to the RSP car. That's what quality work you are dealing with.

No paperwork was "lost" as it was never dyno run... They didn't have any paperwork for it...

Not serviced, just abused, even though it's not running right...

This car also has stolen parts in it so beware of that also.

If this is bought by a member then I'll make sure they don't sell anything on to unsuspecting people... Would be disgusting to do that tbh.

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

I've got a feeling he tried to sell me this car when it was NA.. and he's since deleted me off Facebook. Are we talking about Rob Duffel here or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

You are correct and the garage owner who's name is in the advert, John.

You had a lucky escape tbh. Looks like that's what they are trying to do too!

You are correct and the garage owner who's name is in the advert, John.

You had a lucky escape tbh. Looks like that's what they are trying to do too!

He wanted silly money for it if I remember correctly, either way I decided against it and got a SZ-R off a member on here for a very good price :) Lucky escape indeed!

I just messaged them asking for more details.

Also asked of the person selling is a mechanic as they have either been told wrong information or the add is wrong regarding the gearbox.

No reply yet!!

You do relise he doesnt say the 6speed cant handle 480, but that the 5speed cant, he says he couldnt afford the 6speed so instead went for the auto as it can handle 480 ;)

Not saying buy the thing like, it seems to have problems pouring out of every corner

You do relise he doesnt say the 6speed cant handle 480, but that the 5speed cant, he says he couldnt afford the 6speed so instead went for the auto as it can handle 480 ;)

Not saying buy the thing like, it seems to have problems pouring out of every corner

I thought it was a tt not an na to begin with so naturally assumed he meant 6 speed.

Still, terrible advert and a worrying sales spiel for a modified car.

[QU OTE=Al Massey;3815043]I'm lost.

How do you know that this car has ripped off parts in it?

Because bits were nicked off my project car. The master cylinder. Interior, fuel cut defender... Lots of bits mate. not to mention they owe other members work and parts which have been paid for. I came and picked up the boot off you for him and shouldn't have bothered as he still owes a member a new one!

Because bits were nicked off my project car. The master cylinder. Interior, fuel cut defender... Lots of bits mate. not to mention they owe other members work and parts which have been paid for. I came and picked up the boot off you for him and shouldn't have bothered as he still owes a member a new one!

Oh, sorry if I sounded abrupt as I didn't know.

Yeah I remember you coming round, I gave him that boot as well, as I thought I was helping him out little p**ck

Maybe we should do a snatch and grab

Oh, sorry if I sounded abrupt as I didn't know.

Yeah I remember you coming round, I gave him that boot as well, as I thought I was helping him out little p**ck

Maybe we should do a snatch and grab

Its alright mate. Totally understand. Ive said some stupid things by playing devils advocate on here so my name is probably mud lol. But really id never screw someone over and just try to help people where I can but these people really don't deserve a penny.

hope you get yours sorted Lex. You're a top bloke and it really sucked to see your supra how it was. So gutting to see other members screwed over. I won't name names as he doesn't wish to be named but a member on here paid over a grand to have the valve stem seals done on his supra and it never got done and he never got a refund... Wouldn't surprise me if bits went missing off that and ended on the white one for sale tbh!