The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which size tyres do I go for?

Gretie22

Got my new wheels on, going to get new rear tyres, my rear wheels are 10" and I currently have 265/35's on them which look like this:

Here's the issue, im planing on lowering the car in the summer, only by 30mm but obviously I'll need an arch roll, but as the offset is so low, I'm thinking maybe it would still rub, so do I go for a 255/35 for a little extra room or stay with a 265? Need new tyres now, but don't want to have to replace them again in a few months time.

I read loads up on supraforums about these wheels and by the sounds of it with that offset I think you can get away without rolling the arch with a 265 on a lowered car, maybe just a small roll but I don't think it needs 255's to stop it rubbing. Mine will be here next week and I'm going to run a 275 but I have a small arch roll so I will let you know how I get on.

I read loads up on supraforums about these wheels and by the sounds of it with that offset I think you can get away without rolling the arch with a 265 on a lowered car, maybe just a small roll but I don't think it needs 255's to stop it rubbing. Mine will be here next week and I'm going to run a 275 but I have a small arch roll so I will let you know how I get on.

Ok cool. Where did you order them from in the end?

I ordered them from the same place as you I see what you mean about fast shipping, I ordered them at 9pm and in the middle of the night they had already been shipped :). What's the finish like on them in the flesh?

When's you estimated delivery date? As mine was Monday, but they arrived on the Friday. Yeah they're nice, gave them a god coat of wheel seal before putting them on the car and they looked awesome :)

- - - Updated - - -

255's would be stretched enough to reveal those shiny new rims and get the old kerbphobia going. :scared:

Wait and see how Danny gets on, 275's would give a better ride and some shoulders to defend your new wheels. :)

Yeah that's a good Idea, thanks :)

When's you estimated delivery date? As mine was Monday, but they arrived on the Friday. Yeah they're nice, gave them a god coat of wheel seal before putting them on the car and they looked awesome :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's a good Idea, thanks :)

They have said they will be here on Wednesday, do you mean you had yours early? Have you had your tax and duty bill yet? I worked mine out to be about £150.

They have said they will be here on Wednesday, do you mean you had yours early? Have you had your tax and duty bill yet? I worked mine out to be about £150.

Yeah they came early! No not yet, I worked mine out to be about £130 as they tax you on the bloody postage as well :/