The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Warning light Problems- Alternator issue???

ripped_fear

Hey everyone my supra has been sat for a little while with only occasional driving.

On my last drive right as I turned the car off, the orange oil warning light pinged up. 'Oil low' as i understand? Red the dip stick and it was showing some oil but the car was warm so reading was untrue, this was a few days back.

I've just got back from the car shop and put some fresh oil in it, as now cold the dip was showing lowish levels. Put a bit in so its now around 1/2 up on the stick. Fired it up and alas after a couple of seconds the light goes off so turned the car off. Problem solved?.....no. :s

Fired it back up again after a couple of mins and the orange oil light is back on, but now the cat one is on and the battery. All fluids seem to be correct, the car is idling perfect, but haven't driven it due to not knowing what the lights are trying to indicate.

Any ideas?

Thanks jake

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

ok this is looking like alternator issues, does anyone know if the tt6 alternator is the same as the na5

I think they are the same mate so long as the are both manual. Auto one are different I believe. Just from what ive read on here previously.

The main difference between them is the amp rating. As long as the one you are looking to use as a replacement is rated the same or higher, you'll be fine. From memory the order from lowest rated to highest is;

5 speed NA

6 speed TT

Auto NA

Auto TT.

Can someone confirm this is order is correct please?