The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello 😃

Guest EmmaLouise55

Guest EmmaLouise55

Hello

I'm Ashley's girlfriend (suprash) :)

Some of you know me already some of you don't

So if all had gone to plan at yesterday I'd be a Supra owner now but unfortunately the salesmen completely screwed me over so I'm still on the hunt :(

Fingers crossed I'll find the perfect one soon :)

Guest EmmaLouise55

Ah it's a long story :( I have a plan though :p

Thanks for the welcome all!

Since I had a drift of Ashley's supra you're right I've wanted one even more haha!

Hi Emma!

Welcome to the club:)

As I said in my Facebook message, have a browse of the classifieds-there's some beautiful cars in there with at least some traceable history.

Other than that, enjoy your stay and I hope to see you in a supra soon!

any problems, drop me a message.

Josh

Guest EmmaLouise55

Basically I left a deposit for the car and said id collect it Saturday with the rest of the cash and the Peugeot they said they would give me 500 for PX...

So on Monday I saw all of the adds were still up and I was worried they would sell the car before I collected it so I called and said I'd be there Wednesday :)

I also did my own hpi check even though it said they had done one and surprise surprise I found something they hadn't told me, it said outstanding finance, so I called the finance company and luckily it was an old marker which they removed for me.

Then they started calling ash and asking him loads about the Peugeot and they said they think they offered too much for it

Baring in mind I called them and said would you like me to bring the Peugeot when I view the supra and his words were "no we will give you 500"

When I paid deposit they signed to say they were giving £500 for Peugeot and they wrote down my outstanding amount left to pay...

So we went down yesterday and they wanted an extra £300 from us... Even though they had signed on the dotted line

They didn't give a shi* about anything but getting as much money as they could

I spoke to trading standards before we left as we knew something like this would happen and when ash mentioned it to them they said right take your deposit and fu*k off haha, they didn't like the fact that of printed out the hpi check to show them and the emails when they offered me 500 for PX either... They are cowboys lol

So yeah... I left without the car I fell in love with!

But it's ok I have a plan!!!! Lol

Thanks for welcome all :)

We sort of pre-knew what was going to happen anyway, but because the car was such a good example, we thought we see it through. Theres a good chance its an old members car, if Em posts a picture someone might recognise it, but it was a very clean car, wouldnt believe its 20 years old, testament to Toyota's build quality :)

If you've got the deposit offer in writing then effectively you've done a deal. Still, if that's already happened then do you really want to buy a car from them?

Gaz, written receipts, honor of word, legality means nothing to these cowboy traders, even though legally the deal was done, when you are stood in their office with 3 vs 1, they dont give a fuck, if they aint happy they will change the deal regardless. Its people like this that give 2nd hand car sales a bad rep.

And no I dont want to buy the car off them, personally I would rather burn that money then give it to them, but as I said, until you see this car, how clean it is and how well its been looked after, you might then understand why we are pursuing it. Its a lovely example of an unmodified, well looked after Supra. Still has stock air box and stock exhaust system, I bet you wont find many in that condition after 20 years :)

Gaz, written receipts, honor of word, legality means nothing to these cowboy traders, even though legally the deal was done, when you are stood in their office with 3 vs 1, they dont give a fuck, if they aint happy they will change the deal regardless. Its people like this that give 2nd hand car sales a bad rep.

And no I dont want to buy the car off them, personally I would rather burn that money then give it to them, but as I said, until you see this car, how clean it is and how well its been looked after, you might then understand why we are pursuing it. Its a lovely example of an unmodified, well looked after Supra. Still has stock air box and stock exhaust system, I bet you wont find many in that condition after 20 years :)

Name and shame?

Guest EmmaLouise55

S H Car Sales

As ash said, I'd rather not give them my money but if I want this car I have to, only person I'm making sad is myself for not buying it lol

So I hope my plan works and hopefully it will still be there in a few days :)