The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota GTR drifts.

FOSTA

I'm wanting a set of rota GTR drift alloys, thinking of gun metal gray or black to go on my supra.

Now I'm wanting them in 18" and thinking maby 9.5j front and 10j rear

Would these sizes be ok with my car? Just as my arches are stock ( no arch extensions and not rolled)

I do have 19"s on at the moment but they are 8.5j front and 9.5j rear so I'm unsure if it will be ok to go with the 9.5 front and 10j rear?

Thanks in advance guys.

Well personally I think they will rub under hard cornering but I could be wrong. My Antera wheels are 8.5 et 25 with 235/40/18 and are fine but my Volks are 9" et 38 but 15mm spacers with 245/40/18 and rub in hard cornering if I hit a bump. There must be a few people on here that run that wheel what will know for sure. Whiffin would probably know as he has sold a shed load.

I think you'll scrub if you don't roll the fronts! I used to have the Rota GTRs myself on my last Supra! I had the 18x8.5 ET35 with a 245/35/18 at the front and 18 x 9.5 ET35 with a 275/35/18. Rolled front and rear :)

I'm currently on 18 x 10 ET50 at the front with a 285/30/18 on a rolled stock arch. :thumbs:

9.5J ET35 with a 235/40/18 up front - stock arch

It did rub but only because it was so low (rubbed arch liner not the arch). Josh42 runs exactly the same setup up front and his has never rubbed (40mm lowering springs). However, it does mean the tyre is slightly stretched as per pic.

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Since you are not that far from me, you could always come to York or I could pop up and roll your arches.

All I need is a power supply and brews lol

Do you mean me or black widow there?

lol

Either way that's very kind of you :)

Sweet I think I'll get myself a set, can anyone recomend a company that's reasonable and won't rip my eyes out?

I just don't want to buy from the first company I come across and find out I could of had them cheaper that's all. :)

Big thanks for all your input and help guys :thumbs:

You mate.

No worries.

Sweet dude, i think ill call you on that when I get them on order! I will be buying with out tyers as I want to look into getting some decent tyers for them. Thinking r888's track Tyers for the rear or somthing along them lines and a good road tyre for the front? :/