The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap seats on EBay.

tony tt

Thought I'd post these up as there was some interest on another thread. I bought these for Gabriella's car and they are well worth the £220 delivered for two seats. All black with with red stitching. Just in case some more members may be interested. Really easy to fit also. Had plenty pm's about this haha! They sit a little higher than stock but very slightly and rather comfy also. I don't know about long journeys as i have only sat in them for an hr or so. I didn't find them uncomfortable. She didn't have an issue with them driving 400 miles to JAE last year.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=370838309710

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

The pics from the initial post seem to have dissapeared but I ordered some of these seats and they turned up today and I have to say they look really nice, very good quality material, definitely more expensive looking than their £200 would suggest.

I wanted rid of the electric seat no matter what. I spend ages looking for a manually sliding supra seat (if such a thing ever existed?). The forward / back mechanism was gone in my car as is very common so I didn't want to just delay it by getting another set and getting them upholstered, I prefer that you can move them more quickly.

However, that's not to say all is golden :) On the stock seat something I overlooked was that the stock seat seat belt clip bolts directly to the frame (some cars have this to the centre console area. Barney mentioned on PM that he had to weld them and so it looks like I'll have to go down the same route.

Below is the bottom base of the new seat, has a couple of holes to work with and a flat base.

Looking at the stock seat below on the rear brackets connects in 2 places. I've got the details of a local fabricator / welder, would it make more sense to wrestle / cut the mounting brackets from the stock seat and use those or get a custom rail / seat belt mount created for each seat? Possibly not as cheap as I thought in today. Any ideas welcome.

If I did away with the stock seat belt idea and used a basic harness I presume the belts need to be fixed to a rollcage or something in the back?

They look great, good value for money.

Tony you said they are "really easy to fit", how so, can you go in to a little detail how you did it? It seems like there is a lot of chopping and welding involved, not very easy if you are not a welder.

My flatmate had these in his GT-Four (But a cloth version). I just asked him what he thought of them and he said "You get what you pay for."

They met their demise when he launched the car, the back of the seat gave way and he ended up sitting in the back of the car.

Good luck! :D

My flatmate had these in his GT-Four (But a cloth version). I just asked him what he thought of them and he said "You get what you pay for."

They met their demise when he launched the car, the back of the seat gave way and he ended up sitting in the back of the car.

Good luck! :D

I heard this about fake Brids, hence why I went original Recaro.

Just had a word with the local welding guy and he reckons about £200ish. It does look a bit more complicated than originally thought. Near the bolt holes are locating pins on the stock seats, the seatbelt bracket an ensuring it all lines up. I've had the passenger seat out and tried tearing it down but it seems you are left with a large amount of excess to cut away. Time for a think :)

I heard this about fake Brids, hence why I went original Recaro.

I read this as 'I heard this about fat birds' at first. :innocent:

Just had a word with the local welding guy and he reckons about £200ish. It does look a bit more complicated than originally thought. Near the bolt holes are locating pins on the stock seats, the seatbelt bracket an ensuring it all lines up. I've had the passenger seat out and tried tearing it down but it seems you are left with a large amount of excess to cut away. Time for a think :)

Assuming they are the same seat, I'll ask my flatmate how long it took to get them fitted (his dad owns a garage and did the welding for him, I'd imagine) - despite the fact he had problems with them, I really, really like the look of the leather ones and think they'd sit well in my interior. Damnit...

Looking forward to fitted pics!