The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bride seats

jazz1

No Idea on fitment, but they're not genuine Bride Japan seats… Just so you know. :)

Not saying they will be bad… but afaik Bride's are made elsewhere in the world under license… The quality is apparently not quite the same.

They are not made under License, they just copy them, due to slack copyright laws in the country of manufacture, which from memory for these is Thailand

Really, That means my brother must have fakes as he paid 1.5k both top bride seats carbon back of eBay long time ago. They look so real and superb quality. Anways back on the question I might make him a offer anyone know if they will fit fine on the bride rails and in the supra?

Really, That means my brother must have fakes as he paid 1.5k both top bride seats carbon back of eBay long time ago. They look so real and superb quality. Anways back on the question I might make him a offer anyone know if they will fit fine on the bride rails and in the supra?

They will fit on bride rails. Or recaro rails for that matter. Not really sure how to tell the real ones from the GOOD fake ones. £1.5k is a good price for 2x low max ghias though.

Shop in Ireland was selling the fake Brides Gias, they do look superb quality ; as far as I know you could get two sizes , JDM side and a little larger EU size

775 GBP sounds very steep, they were selling them here for 620 euros for the pair; they stopped selling them because customs clamped down on copyright infringment

http://www.redpowermotorsport.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=401335823271605&set=a.401335073271680.92533.334923429912845&type=3&theater

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/599551_401335823271605_1309598813_n.jpg

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Where is the best place to buy genuine ones? I have a pair of older style Brides that must have been fitted when the car was still in japan but i'm looking to get Kevlar backed ones now. They have stood the test of time, still really comfy with the only problem being bolster wear on driver seat although I would put this down to how hard it is getting in and out of them! I can't imagine fake ones would last the same.

The "fakes" are actually very good. You would be hard pushed to notice the difference. But yeah.... it's a lot of money for a copy :)

I had these in a Supra.. They were actually great for a copy seat, but they are quite expensive for being a copy seat. I would consider some used Recaro Speeds or you can almost get a brand new set for the price of these.. but I was after a specific look in the interior so I got these instead.

Edited by Krister (see edit history)