The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Evc V Dash Placement

mk1its

Guys

At present, because I don't care about the 1990's double din tape deck that came with my car, I've stuck my hks evc V controller on the screen of my stereo.

I presume I could fit a single din unit but I've been thinking of adding a sat navigation to the car which will be a double din screen, and will also be the stereo. If I do that, where the heck can I mount the evc?

If I do go single din, are there any custom made single din plates to but to help house this evc?

Cheers

Mark.

See I use mine as my boost gauge so I'd like it somewhere visible when driving. I think I'd accidentally press the buttons if I put it there. I keep my parking change in the ashtray :-D

Perhaps a small mount on top of the dash to the right would work?

Yeah my control unit is in the center console also.

Who flocked your dash panels? That looks really good.... Mine need sorting....

You could put it on the cowling behind the steering wheel. You could see if there, or as you say, fit a single din and a plate to mount it on.

I've got a single din radio and when I finally get round to fitting mine, I'll more than likely fix it above the radio with Velcro so it can be (re)moved as I put stuff in the gap sometimes, as you can see by the car park ticket :D

Edit: Mine is the HKS EVC-S, so the controller is about half the size of the ones pictured.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)