The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car back after going single

craig l

Well after about 4 weeks waiting due to a part coming from america and trying to get it mapped i finally got my car back today. It was mapped at hq in dalgety bay with a nice safe figure until i get used to it then come summertime if i want it mapped again itll be done on the road with hopefully 600+ bhp. It made 372bhp at the wheels which i thought is that all until marcin who done all the work took me out in it, the power was amazing ive never felt anythin like it i doubt ill ever have it on full boost.Only problem is it has no traction control now, i decided to have a blast along a 50mph road and spotted a camera van doing about 61mph so not a good start.

That was at 1.2 bar 354ftlb torque its a gt35r turbo cant even begin to imagine what 700bhp or more feels like cos its scary enough as it is.

600bhp is fun :D

Especially beating supercars and motorbikes ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ended up costing about £7000 thats a new driftworks radiator new coil packs rocker cover gasket aem boost gauge with afr and a few other things on it as well and half a tank of fuel.

Post some pics up dude :)

Was 372bhp at the hubs it was bpu tt6 going to single the traction control unit is out the car which is scary cos i never drove it with it off, sure ill get used to it though. ill see how it feels when the weathers better might get it mapped for more power but its immense as it is ill gets some pics up tommorrow.

Was 372bhp at the hubs it was bpu tt6 going to single the traction control unit is out the car which is scary cos i never drove it with it off, sure ill get used to it though. ill see how it feels when the weathers better might get it mapped for more power but its immense as it is ill gets some pics up tommorrow.

I think that proves how good a single can be compared to stock twins when its making the same amount of power but feels better/fast perhaps? on the road.

Sorry to be negative, but I would of wanted more than 372bhp from a single! You were probably running more power at [email protected].

The 372 is at the hubs for this one at the 1.2 bar. most BPUs are going to be 380-400 at the fly remember. :)

Yours was 455.8 fly, 382.7 wheel at 1.5 bar before, so similar enough I guess :)

Say 450bhp at the flywheel for this one at 1.2 bar, so when pushed to 1.5/1.6 bar it should see a good enough number for this size of turbo. :thumbs:

The 372 is at the hubs for this one at the 1.2 bar. most BPUs are going to be 380-400 at the fly remember. :)

Yours was 455.8 fly, 382.7 wheel at 1.5 bar before, so similar enough I guess :)

Say 450bhp at the flywheel for this one at 1.2 bar, so when pushed to 1.5/1.6 bar it should see a good enough number for this size of turbo. :thumbs:

Yeah I know where your coming from, but I just don't find that figure to impressive for a single build. Like I said I'm not wanting to piss on the boys parade.

372 @ the hubs is around 400hp fly Max but any flywheel figure is a guess so just use the hub figure.

Would like to see the graph, GT35R make a great road car and agree that it will feel nice.

Will probably do 500hp (fly) if you turn the boost up

Yeah I know where your coming from, but I just don't find that figure to impressive for a single build. Like I said I'm not wanting to piss on the boys parade.

was you impressed with your 13bhp gain?

I expect you would be happy as you gained 100ftlb, which I very much believe will be the same case here ,any single turbo will should have way more torque then stock twins

as you well know its not all about bhp ;)