The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota fan :)

Guest Celi1983

Guest Celi1983

Hey all I'd never owned a Japanese car before I bought my Toyota celica, but since owning it I can now say I'm a huge Toyota fan. My only regret is the lack of power so I started thinking what about a supra.. Being the Celicas big brother in a sense it seemed the logical choice.. What I would like to know however is what I should I really be looking for and what prices should I expect to pay? I would have liked a manual 6 speed but from what I've read online they seem rare.. Also I would want a uk spec TT not import one. Ian

Guest Celi1983

Hi thanks for the reply, I have the 140 T23 I chose that model because of the lower compression ratio as I was planning on throwing about 7k at it for a turbo set-up which should give me about 275hp at the wheels. I've just always likes supras so been tempted for a while, I got an insurance quote on a TT valued at 6k and it wasn't much more than I'm paying now, I'd prefer a uk model for insurance reasons mostly but the extra power and no 112mph limiter is a big win too. I'm just after a pretty bog standard twin turbo as I think I'd get more enjoyment from modding it at my own pace. I wouldn't say no to an auto I've just never owned one and wouldn't think it's as fun to drive as a manual, but as I say I wouldn't be totally against it.

[QU OTE=Celi1983;3808649]Hi thanks for the reply, I have the 140 T23 I chose that model because of the lower compression ratio as I was planning on throwing about 7k at it for a turbo set-up which should give me about 275hp at the wheels. I've just always likes supras so been tempted for a while, I got an insurance quote on a TT valued at 6k and it wasn't much more than I'm paying now, I'd prefer a uk model for insurance reasons mostly but the extra power and no 112mph limiter is a big win too. I'm just after a pretty bog standard twin turbo as I think I'd get more enjoyment from modding it at my own pace. I wouldn't say no to an auto I've just never owned one and wouldn't think it's as fun to drive as a manual, but as I say I wouldn't be totally against it.

Welcome Ian, the UK's came with the standard 326bhp, the same as the JSPEC TT's. All the crap you read only about 280bhp for the imports is rubbish and was just to conform with the gentleman's agreement.

Also, you can fit a little box of wizardry called a speed limit defender for around £50 which removes the 112mph limit. There are many bonus' for going for an import!

Guest Celi1983
buy an NA.......oh wait im not menat to say that

Any reason you prefer the NA set up? I'm looking for more power tbh so don't think that setup would benefit me as I could just put a 2.0 stroker kit on a t-sport engine and get around 220/230bhp NA

Welcome to the club. If you wait around long enough for the right car you can grab a good deal. I'm glad I waited to find my perfect car.

The UK spec is a great car and I live the auto gearbox, which I didn't think I would. Don't write off an auto :)

Guest Celi1983
Welcome to the club. If you wait around long enough for the right car you can grab a good deal. I'm glad I waited to find my perfect car.

The UK spec is a great car and I live the auto gearbox, which I didn't think I would. Don't write off an auto :)

I am starting to warm to the idea of an auto I think I could get used to it