The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling my Supra, but have no idea how much for !!!!

DodgyRog

I know everyone hates these "What's it worth threads"

but my Supra is quite unique, so it's really difficult to value

The Insurance Company didn't blink with the agreed value of £10k, but that's obviously different to Selling it

Most of you know the basics of my Supra, but the Spec list is here and pretty much upto date I think

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1648

At the moment, I have my eye on another Supra, hence this question, I wouldn't need to sell mine 1st, but I can't keep 2 Supra's long term

All comments welcome, real and sensible offers will be considered, although this is not a For Sale Thread at this point

P.S...The Coolant Leak I mentioned earlier today will be sorted obviously. LeeP (SRD) had the car end of October and gave it a full health check, only thing that was mentioned was a small amount of play in the upper rear offside wishbone (still needs sorting at some point, but wasn't consider desparate)

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

£300 to me.. you put alot into that car bud!! 8500+++??

£300 Sold to that man lmao

I am in two minds what to do, as you say, I have put so much into this one, but it's going to cost a lot for me to move it forwards from where it's at

My next things upgrade wise would be 6-speed or possibly built Auto, Injectors and Syvecs

That's going to cost a lot and I am not sure it's worth it, the price 6-speed conversions are now going for especially is putting me off

I can't believe you're thinking of selling up, you've come so far with your car. It looks awesome, would be hard to beat!!

Not sure on a price, maybe £8000-9000?

I would hope for 8k to 9k, but it is an N/A-TT conversion and still running the 5-speed, so is that achievable in today market

Difficult car to value. The visual mods will put some off, and the fact itt started life as an NA. But there's some really nice parts there.

I'd say £7k-ish. It's so unique that it really is just a case of what someone is willing to pay for it.

That's exactly why I thought I would ask for opinions

It's impossible to really value from my point of view as I know what has gone into it and designed it to my taste

So the best way to value it, is to ask the Owners Club for their opinion

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

roger mate do you really want to give this car up I have seen first hand how much work has gone into this!

also you say its great fun and love driving it do you really need to chase figures?

I will guarantee you will regret selling once it off your driveway

roger mate do you really want to give this car up I have seen first hand how much work has gone into this!

also you say its great fun and love driving it do you really need to chase figures?

I will guarantee you will regret selling once it off your driveway

It isn't about figures, I wouldn't be looking for anymore power as such

I would stay with the twin set up, as I love the delivery it gives

If I keep it, then I know I will have to sort the Gearbox to push the Torque up

I would say £8K to the right buyer or £7K to someone who justs wants a Supra. She is a lovely machine and has come from a good home which puts a grand on it in my book.

You can get through a grand by missing something on a test drive or it failing it's next MOT. I would always buy a car off a fussy, long standing member if it were me.

Don't undersell it Rog.

H.

I would say £8K to the right buyer or £7K to someone who justs wants a Supra. She is a lovely machine and has come from a good home which puts a grand on it in my book.

You can get through a grand by missing something on a test drive or it failing it's next MOT. I would always buy a car off a fussy, long standing member if it were me.

Don't undersell it Rog.

H.

Thanks H

I am in that odd position now, I could sell or I plough some large sums of cash into mine

Just not sure I want to spend another £10k plus on mine to get it to were I want it

The advantage to keeping mine is I know the car and with the 10k would make it be my perfect looking and driving car

It would then mean I have probably spent close to 30k to get an N/A up to spec lol

Don't undersell it Rog.

H.

Exactly what this young chap says.

Thanks H

I am in that odd position now, I could sell or I plough some large sums of cash into mine

Just not sure I want to spend another £10k plus on mine to get it to were I want it

The advantage to keeping mine is I know the car and with the 10k would make it be my perfect looking and driving car

It would then mean I have probably spent close to 30k to get an N/A up to spec lol

What is the other Supe you have your eye on. Pm me if you want.

Exactly what this young chap says.

You quoted me Abz..!!

Sometimes Roger it's better to keep the car as the "better the devil you know" runs true, like H said you could splash through a fair few quid on another car to just erase other problems that the next car has whereas you already know your current car inside out. Resale value is never going to be great and you have it looking how you want it.

Personally if I had gotten as far as you have I would spend the money on the current car, if you are going to change the next car visually you would only have to lose a bit through your sale and getting it in shape and that might be 2/3rds of buying a 6speed box already for your current car.

Either way whatever myself or anyone here say's it's your car so do what is best for you.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

What is the other Supe you have your eye on. Pm me if you want.

After seeing this come from where it began as an NA to what it is now, I would put it around the £8K mate. What's your next stage of plans bud?

Pm'ed you both

Sometimes Roger it's better to keep the car as the "better the devil you know" runs true, like H said you could splash through a fair few quid on another car to just erase other problems that the next car has whereas you already know your current car inside out. Resale value is never going to be great and you have it looking how you want it.

Personally if I had gotten as far as you have I would spend the money on the current car, if you are going to change the next car visually you would only have to lose a bit through your sale and getting it in shape and that might be 2/3rds of buying a 6speed box already for your current car.

Either way whatever myself or anyone here say's it's your car so do what is best for you.

I know what you are saying, but the other car is pretty much finished to how I would have it, certainly in big money stuff anyway

It wouldn't be the one off Supra I have now, but still different from the norm

don't do it rog, youl regret it

This is my big worry, could I deal with seeing my Supra being owned by someone else, especially if the new one doesn't do it for me in the end, this one has had a lot of one of custom bits designed and shaped in my head

You should be happy :D

He is never happy:taped:

It still puts a smile on my face thinking of H's expression when we were trying to sort the cars for the photo on Dragonba11:d

I do have one of those faces where I can't hide my anger. People have asked me "what's up" when I have been in a perfectly good mood.

After your pm Rog, I would be tempted to spend money on your current car as I reckon you are going to put spending serious money which ever way you go. The condition underneath would also be questioned, suspension etc is not cheap on these cars.

H.

I do have one of those faces where I can't hide my anger. People have asked me "what's up" when I have been in a perfectly good mood.

After your pm Rog, I would be tempted to spend money on your current car as I reckon you are going to put spending serious money which ever way you go. The condition underneath would also be questioned, suspension etc is not cheap on these cars.

H.

It seems to have been well built, fully underseal waxed, whatever they call it and HKS coilovers, good history, kit has been strengthened properly

I am not going to make a rush decision, if the other one sells so be it