The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diff Ear Mount Options

2soops

Hi all, having refurbed the complete underside of my car with new suspension arms and bushes etc, and had a TRD Diff fitted, it seems silly to leave the original 1991 diff ear mounts in.

I 100% don't want to solid mount the diff, and are just wondering if there's any alternative mounts or poly bushes out there. Iirc I may have read somewhere that there's a poly assister bush which bolsters up the original.

If anyone has any info on bushes or what have you done to yours to improve yours I'd be grateful to hear.

Quick pick of the diff I've refurbed with the TRD inside, needs a spray of matt black yet:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Super-pro one's are just bits of polyurethane that wedge in between the original, old mount and the diff/subframe... a bit crap if you ask me.

Toyota do not stock new diff ear bushes... However you can buy an oem-quality replacements from Vibra-Technics.

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/toyota/supra_93_02/665/TOY130M/differential_mounting_bush

Great company, will make you anything you need mount wise from scratch. Reason I know is I asked them to make replacement diff ear mounts for me, and this is what they came up with and now sell.

this is what they came up with and now sell.

For £150!:blink:

I'll stick with the polyurethane "wedges" thanks.:)

2soops; can't really tell if they made much difference, I did very little driving in the car prior to fitting them and I was still short of the far more crucial 2nd rear mount for a long time afterwards. That has finally been fitted and I can say that on the whole there is nothing in the line of wheel hop/tramping when the rear breaks traction and the clunk I used to get between quick up-changes has disappeared.

• 2 years later...

Anybody running the Vibra technics ear mounts? I have solid ear mounts in my car and absolutely hate them as the diff whines with them installed. Do the Vibra technics do the same or anybody running Superpro bushings and can comment if they get any diff sound in the car?

Anybody running the Vibra technics ear mounts? I have solid ear mounts in my car and absolutely hate them as the diff whines with them installed. Do the Vibra technics do the same or anybody running Superpro bushings and can comment if they get any diff sound in the car?

No noticeable NVH increase over stock with vibra here.

• 11 months later...

Bump.

Torn between getting Vibra Technics ones or Strongflex. The VB ones are now £165 delivered which is damn expensive but if they're the best then so be it. I don't want red or yellow Strongflex either (want to keep as close to OEM as possible) so would have to pay extra 50% for black plus clearly they're firmer.

Thanks

Greg

I got Vibra-technics on mine.

Been perfect for years.

Sweet. Decision made then.

I had looks at Marks Engineering stuff too but hear you do get diff whine still even with poly versions and expensive. Well another £150 all in including subframe diff mounts.