The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a Supra for export to Norway

Guest cypher87

Guest cypher87

As the title says, I'm from Norway, and I'm looking for a Supra in the UK to import.

Looking for a Supra TT in top condition, with low mileage. Must be manual trans.

How much will this cost me in the UK? And can any of you recommend a trusted Supra dealer?

Guest cypher87

Don't need to be a UK spec. But it must have been registred in the UK first. Norway will not allow us to import directly from Japan (frustrating shit)

Guest cypher87

It's been quite expensive for a while. Mostly because they stopped to accept RHD Supra's about 7 years ago(Not just Supra's, but all JDM cars since that are RHD), though some RHD Euro Spec's have been registred. So the prices went high. But now EU has decided that Norway have to accept cars that have been registred in a EU or EØS country, even if they are RHD (for example a RHD Jdm Supra, or a Skyline Gtr R32)

So now I'm hoping to get myself a Supra or Skyline, finally, without paying stupid money.

Guest cypher87
How come they stopped accepting rhd cars cypher?

They ment that they were not approved for Norwegian market. Yeah, you could call it "safety reason". But it is bullshit realley. Hopefully it's over now.

Supra's in Norway, well first you'll have to pay a one time registration fee, wich is about 5000£. Just 2 years ago this were almost 10000£. And of course, 25% vat on price you paid for the car. The market will change alot now, since they will allow rhd's again, and since the registration fee has dropped.

Before, lhd Euro spec's from 30-50000£. Rhd's, the cheapest ones were from 25000£. And a Skyline Gtr R33, around 40000£. Some crazy shit! But this will change now, thank god..

Guest cypher87
Wow that is crazy.

Would a big power rhd suit daily driving in Norway? I've got a couple of friends over there, both have Subaru Legacys

Of course. But it's not a good idea to use it in the winter though.

Guest cypher87

Can anyone do me a small favour?

I need a copy of a Toyota Supra TT UK vehicle registration certificate. Can anyone scan a copy and email me?

I don't need to see name,license number or frame number, just need to see what technical data it contanins.

Would be great if anyone could do this:)