The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED issues

ripped_fear

Hi all I started my LEDs on the interior a few weeks back now and had the AC unit done by a mate.

However i have a couple of issues,

The first is intermittently nothing on the ac unit is illuminating when the head lights are off, however when they are on it all lights up as it should. This could just be due to a connector coming out slightly as it seemed to work for the first day it was fitted?

However the problems I'm here to ask about are, the lights behind the pictures on the ac unit seem to be 'yellowed' very much so, but when the case wasnt on the ac unit the LED's are lighting up a very bright white collour. Could this be down to discolored buttons? i know it can be a problem for them to yellow however ive never seen it cause an issue with dimming the light and it didn't seem to prove an issue when stock bubs where in place, also when everything is off they don't look that bad.

Problem two is on the speed-o the mph gauge still seems to have a green tint to it where as the revs are lighting up bright white. My car only has a speedo overlay on it to show the mph not kph so it only reads to 120ish could this be the cause to the dis coulouring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=179783&stc=1&d=1390342161

led.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

cant help on the button part numbers...

How was the conversion carried out?

Check the orange connectors - all the solder joints and take a look at this link http://www.internetwork.org.uk/electrical/dry/flick.htm

Having an overlay will not help your situation, but the stock dial backing do have a natural green/yellow tinge on the back.

Thankyou for the link. The conversion was carried out using your very guide.

Maybe i will look at changing the dials to a proper set then or trying taking them apart and see if has some sort of filter on the back of the overlay.

right, in that case, check the legs of the resistors (top row, far left one) they can touch some of the link wires, if they do, nothing works - just bend the leg slightly away

To be honest, you'll be best of replacing the dials. The filter is part of the dials - it can be removed with wet n' dry paper but you'll have to remove the dial faces