Slutters

Porsche or Supra  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Porsche or Supra

• Porsche!
    • Supra!
    • Jelly beard

Hi guys

Need some help making up my mind, I have a friend who has a 996 Turbo tiptronic and I am thinking of selling the Supra for it, any one had both, good or bad move?

Or

http://autolegends.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Porsche-996-Turbo-S10-WCB-4-e1340706299990.jpg

You should conduct this same poll on a Porsche forum, just to be even. ;)

At least it's a turbo you're looking at - it would have to be one at a minimum to consider moving from a big power Supra :)

I personally wouldn't consider a Porker unless it was a 997 Turbo (just preference), but they aren't the same price at all! :)

Friend of mine had a 996, nice car but hellish on parts etc. He had 2 new engines under warranty within a year along with a clutch and the suspension. Finally got it up to spec and it was written off by a truck that rear ended him. I would look into the various problems regarding certain years of these cars as they are well documented, and expensive to fix. His car wasn't even old or high mileage

Didnt you have a porker before? I tend to agree with branners on this. You can always come back to a supra as they are getting cheaper. Im guessing there ia a poll...I cant see it or vote on tapatalk. Porker for me mate. Then again I do love your no nonsense supra...its properly built.

Been looking at Porsches for a long time now and waiting till I have a garage and £40K to spend before I go for a 997 Turbo. I have been warned about regular problems and high servicing costs etc.

I would never dream of having a 996 though. One of Porsche's poorer moments. Terrible reliability, and poorly put together.

H.