The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Desire R34 Build thread

Guest desire

as promised heres a quick build thread of my R34 skyline. this is more of a photo dump then a build thread but to be honest it will take forever to load up all the pics i have of the build and tell you every little step ive made lol

so, chit chat over, lets see some pics! :p

i bought this "car" (i use that term loosely) as a non rolling shell, no brakes, no wheels, no engine or gearbox and missing most body panels.

getting the car down to work after it sat on my drive for a while whilst i was working on my aristo.

engine bay was shocking so before i fitted the engine i bought it had to have a lick o' paint :)

then i changed the cam covers and plenum

again with the paint before i fitted then engine

then a bonnet, headlights and a gtr front bumper got me to this point, oh and the front mount..

then my aristo needed some loving so this happend

once that was done it was time to get back on with the skyline. i was'nt 100% happy with the paint on the rocker covers so done them again, and i also changed the colour of the engine bay as i was'nt happy with that either. if you have'nt guessed yet i have some super ocd lol

i also started work on my mfd surround using a 7" touch screen satnav screen

then i had the idea of doing a full GTR body conversion, how hard can it be!:innocent:

got some brakes for it so gave them a lick of paint too.

engine back in and ready to look sexy

found some wheels so a quick refurb and paint we had them looking like this

i then started work on making a fuel cap as i never had one with the arches :(

in the mean time i was making my own products!

can you tell what it is yet haha

started work on the other side

one massive road trip later got me this

which the addition of the GTR bonnet i had lying around for awhile looked like this!

then cut it up to fit some N1 vents

then cut the silly money genuine GTR bonnet for the nur spec vent (bum was tight doing this one to be honest!)

N1 skirts, rear steps and GTR spoiler with carbon blade added

many late nights later got the panel gaps like WHAT!

work continued on my custom parts

oh carbon

at this point its christmas and i really wanted to get the car running and moving under its own steam as it was getting really boring pushing this in and out of the workshop on my own!

so i done what had to be done and drove it to the top workshop on the ramp to make a exhaust system!

some moody night pics

made the exhaust and used a blitz nur spec rear box. 3" from turbo elbow back with one mid box :D

i then grafted a spec2 upper lip to my spec1 bumper

looking good

looking real good!

one carbon fibre boot lip spoiler later and its getting there.

i hope this gets put with the other build threads but as its not a supra i will understand if its not, although there is a 2jzgte vvti that i converted to single turbo in here ;)

thanks for looking guys, i will do my best to keep this thread as up todate as possible

I love r34's only other car I'd have apart from a gtr :) . The aristo looks sweet also bud!

And dudeeeee where did you find those te37's!! Looks sick

thanks man, the aristo was awesome and i miss it every time i walk towards the crappy renault kangoo i drive now lol as for the wheels............... grids :D

but thanks lol

Haha nothing wrong with a kangoo....well kinda

Haha volk stickers, nice touch ;)

the kangoo really does suck but, its cheap to run and i can chuck engines, gearboxes bonnets anything in there and still have room to move, plus im not using the mrs rav4 so i dont get a ear bashing from her, win win lol

Hi bud really love what you are doing with r34 as this is one of my all time favourites really happy for u keep us posted

thanks buddy, its been a long time in the making, longer then i wanted but the ocd made me do things many many times over, oh and the change of plans half way through lol

some more arty pics

• 4 weeks later...

still working on it but getting held up with some bits :(

track day at castle combe is booked for 21st march so really need to pull my finger out now lol oh i also just bought some nice new whiteline ARB's to go with the new TEIN's ready for track whoop whoop

damn photobucket ban :(

• 2 weeks later...

been awhile but heyho :)

my unit is STILL a shell :( but at least i have plenty of space lol

work on the car is going as normal slow but some nice new parts.

as this is going to go on track in march i thought i would get a new lid :D

i have not managed to make the brackets and secure the front and rear tow hooks too

also managed to get some nice new whiteline ARB's all with polly bushes and fully adjustable front and rear

• 2 weeks later...
Guest desire

so ive started cutting, buffing and polishing the car :D im a happy boy!

i will get the GTR rear spoiler on tomorrow and start work on my boot lip spoiler again next week, starting to run out of time for a shake down before the 21st for the track day!