The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's different about these facelift headlights

j_jza80

i don't think they have been de-lined.. pretty sure you can still see lines on the high beam chrome part. The inserts may have been painted darker but i think the contrast on the silver may just be making them look darker also photo contrast and lighting could be deceiving (look how dark the front lip, the tyres, the window tints, the shadows in the wheel arch are).

i'd say they are just stock facelift headlights.

The high beam chrome part have a pattern on them on facelift headlights, where on prefacelifts they don't. I think that's what you can see.

facelift headlights only have lines on the upper section, which you can see on every photo above, just not as clear. I don't think they are de-lined.

Guest AF11supra

Thats exactly how mine look !! I thought it just got yellow-er n older

Over the years so i polished it waxed and everything but still nowhere as good as these, i like'em where did uu order it off?

A guy on here made a set of moulds quite a few years ago now, and sold them as a one-off group buy, the only thing similar would be either the abflug plastic lenses, or there's a guy on the Australian forum that does clear (de-lined) glass ones. Both are quite expensive :(

I always found the best way to clean them was by wetsanding with a very fine grade of sandpaper until they have a white residue all over, then machine polishing with a cutting compound. They come up really well, but unfortunately they always go yellow again after a while.

• 2 weeks later...
facelift headlights only have lines on the upper section, which you can see on every photo above, just not as clear. I don't think they are de-lined.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/marcAB10/clearlense_zps747472f5.jpg

100% this.

It is definitely the contrast of the colour of the car which creates the impression.

In fact, when Marc fitted his brand new facelifts they looked so clean (even against the 202 black paint) that they could have been mistaken as being clear-lensed.

There was another Supra up here (199 silver actually!) that had brand new facelifts fitted and looked like the car in post 1. It looked so good when I saw it in person that it prompted me to go facelift rather than the 'facelifted' pre-facelifts that I had at the time. It is definitely the way to go on lighter bodied cars. :thumbs: