The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Runs At Santa Pod Today (vids enclosed)

a98pmalcolm

Ok so today was the 1st time I ran the strip at POD. In 1st and 2nd gear I just had no grip at all. Loosing seconds. I tried High Boost setting, Launch Control (had the best time in that mode) and with different traction control settings and different throttle techniques,

Best I got was a 14.11 @ 116mph and I didn't see anyone else do that time, most probably due to grip. I'm 680bhp and I'm returning to POD in September hoping for better grip to put me in the 11's.

Any recommendations on good gripping types for everyday use.. (19") and best settings on my launch. I'm running syvecs with the Toucan Touch Screen Display and the 1 - 8 traction control knob.

A Few vids:

[video=youtube;3jm-hcKC_yY]

Thanks

Paul

haha you lot are a nightmare. I thought the car was gunna go sideways at points.. I don't mind admitting that theres not alot I could do..

As I said I didn't see anyone beat a 14 today.. The track was a 3 hour late opening for them trying to prep it as it was to bad.. Yer I'm sure the summer it will be better.

Thanks Rich. I saw quite a few supes from the owners club there. Say Hi next time :) I'm far to shy to do it lol

bad time of year.

too much right foot.

not enough tyre.

those are probably your problems :) 300bhp more than my bpu car all wasted because it was just spinning it all away.

you need sidewall for more give in the tyre. and low pressure to give it more flex to grip better. 19s with rubber band tyres just dont have that. the same reason they dont ride or handle very well. so even in summer you might not get further :p