The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Sold My TT on ebay

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

a sold a white tt on ebay today, but the guy is from northern ireland he has a good feedback but my concern is he is based in ireland, to be fair i spoke to him on phone and he will sort some arrangement to come over on wed or thurs. i have sold lots of cars on ebay with no problems but to people in the england.

so do u think he will come over ?

and to let you know he also got the car cheap as i could not end the listing early. that was my fault for not putting a reserve.

I advertised a Daihatsu Charade 1 litre on teletext a few years back. Bloke from Ireland called me and asked for an honest description, no messing. Did it, he said he`d have it and the next day i met him at East Midlands airport. He looked it over and gave me the full amount i was asking for and chucked me £20 for fuel and time. I could barely believe it as he drove off into the distance to go and catch a ferry.

You just need to hope he isn`t a time waster.

As long as he comes across and hands you a fist full of cash I wouldn't worry about it. If he doesn't turn up - then never mind, you might sell it for more later ;)

I sold a TT for 13k on ebay (was a chap from portsmouth). All went smoothly, but I had a good feeling about him anyway.

You can cancel bids early by the way. Just close the listing with the excuse that there was an error in listing or something. I complained to Ebay about this when someone did it to me. They basically said if someone didn't want to sell their car at that price, then there's no problem with cancelling it!:confused:

i honestly tried to end my listing early, but it said because there is only two hours left and i had not put a reserve i could not end it.

but the guy says he will call me tommorrow, i have offered to meet him at newcastle airport and even give him the chance to drive it and if he doesnt like it he doesnt have to buy it but i know if he drives it he will buy it.

TT's cost an arm and a leg to insure over there.

Everything costs 2 arms and 2 legs, takes the fun right out of driving. If you have an accident forget performance cars for a few years as well as it up like crazy.

However Supras have a few thing going for them. Elephant do cheap insurance for them over here (as long as its a UK'er), 1/3 the price of anyone else, still just over £1K for me though.

They are getting to the ripe old age of 10+ now = classic/second car insurance for maybe £500-600 quid for me next year.

Ohh and jurgen we are not all dodgy over here you know. I would trust at least 1 guy I know. :innocent: