The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attaching active lip fixed down?

JDukesy

Not sure if this has been covered before (I did search but couldn't find anything).

I just wanted to know how people have attached their active lip if they are not using the motor/ecu just the lip itself? I was wondering if anyone had any clever way I could make it so it had a little movement as my car is quite low and I don't want to risk catching it on something and having no give/movement in the lip?

Mine is bolted to the lower lip on the bottom of the stock bumper really easy to do tbh,

just start in the centre and work outwards you cant really go wrong tbh, mine is really low and catches all the time but as its rubber/urethene material it just flexs and returns to the original shape

Theres been a few write ups i copied Jevansios write up but cant seem to find it now

Mine is bolted to the lower lip on the bottom of the stock bumper really easy to do tbh,

just start in the centre and work outwards you cant really go wrong tbh, mine is really low and catches all the time but as its rubber/urethene material it just flexs and returns to the original shape

Theres been a few write ups i copied Jevansios write up but cant seem to find it now

Exactly what I did also

Ok perfect I shall just do that then I guess.

Thank you! :thumbs:

As above mate, you will have to drill some holes in it and fix it to the existing lower bumper lip. Make sure to use Nyloc nuts as otherwise they vibrate loose on the motorway and you have to re-attach it on the hard shoulder.. not that I would know :sly:

Start in the middle and work your way outwards and you should be fine. I made some brackets up to secure the ends of it too but you will see what I mean as soon as you put it in position, they may not be required but as I had the car up in the air I thought I may as well.

As above mate, you will have to drill some holes in it and fix it to the existing lower bumper lip. Make sure to use Nyloc nuts as otherwise they vibrate loose on the motorway and you have to re-attach it on the hard shoulder.. not that I would know :sly:

Start in the middle and work your way outwards and you should be fine. I made some brackets up to secure the ends of it too but you will see what I mean as soon as you put it in position, they may not be required but as I had the car up in the air I thought I may as well.

Thanks for the tip haha! Will make sure to do that! :D

This talk of FMIC = no retractable active spoiler sucks! :(

There must a workaround!

Speak to Dnk, I'm sure he's said before he had both working and the pipes for the FMIC just had to be routed differently.

If I'm talking out of my arse, and I got your hopes up, I'm sorry :p

Speak to Dnk, I'm sure he's said before he had both working and the pipes for the FMIC just had to be routed differently.

If I'm talking out of my arse, and I got your hopes up, I'm sorry :p

I'm all for hope Josh... in Dunk I trust! :)

Really not wanting to get rid of the active spoiler. It's a great feature, especially when lowered.

I'm all for hope Josh... in Dunk I trust! :)

Really not wanting to get rid of the active spoiler. It's a great feature, especially when lowered.

It is :). I love the look of mine from the front with it down, but not really with it up.

That's why I got a CW SMIC when I noticed mine was knackered, as I wanted to keep it looking at stock as possible :)

That's a good option. I had a good look over mine when lowering the car and it looks pretty much like new so I'll keep it whilst running BPU, but eventually it'll have to go. FMIC seems to be the only choice to support the power goals.

'Active' spoiler and banded stock alloys, FTW. :cool: