The mkiv Supra Owners Club

giving a uk supra some tlc

haz182

last week i took the car up to lee (SRD) so he could have a look over it for me and hopefully inform me i had got a good deal! picked the car up today, luckily nothing bad to report on it. Has been correctly mapped with several settings up to 1.5bar,new rad fitted, a good service and the usual SRD treatment.. so a big thanks to Lee for his usual great service and booking me in at short notice!

so here are some picture's of the car as she currently stands;

IMAG1409.jpg

IMAG1410.jpg

IMAG1414.jpg

IMAG1411.jpg

for the short time i dont have anything too big planned for it, just want to tidy up the engine bay, sort out the paint and get a toucan display fitted. so thats it for the time being, thought i would get up a thread on here as we all like pictures and i always enjoy to read what other people are doing to their supras, thought i would do the same! hopeing to just give it a good clean over this weekend and get the underneath under-sealed, i dont intend to use it over the winter but i just have OCD when it comes to anything like that. Lee showed me the underneath and is very clean for the age so i intend to keep it that way :)

Edited by haz182 (see edit history)

Nice bargain mate... I thought the max boost for a UK spec was 1.4? if it creates around 400bhp on 1.2BAR with supporting mods what sort of power does 1.4/1.5 give?

It is but that is with a stock ecu and fuelling, maybe with the syvecs it can go higher ?

Did you buy this one from dartford mate? I work there and have seen a red uk every other day on Henderson Drive. Not seen it for a couple of months and it was on eBay for £7000 ish so was just wondering?

not around that area, was north London..

got some bumper washers now so going to fit them onto the bumper

IMAG1412.jpg

IMAG1413.jpg

the headlights are in poor condition with the chrome pealing off and condensation so going to taken them apart, respray them and hopefully seal them back up. undecided if i should go black on the inside or keep it original

It is but that is with a stock ecu and fuelling, maybe with the syvecs it can go higher ?

You would severely damage a turbo if you went higher than 1.4 bar or possibly worse

I believe the reason the car has 1.5bar setting is it used to have UK hybrids, which broke and the bloke that sold it replaced them with stock UK turbos, it will just be the syvecs will need to be remapped for the new turbos.

• 1 month later...

so over the last week i decided that i was either going to buy some new headlights or refurbish the original ones as they had mold and water on the inside.. i decided i would give refurbish them as wanted to keep the glass units. so me and a friend went about taking them apart and giving them some new life...

what they looked like on the car;

IMAG1412.jpg

IMAG1413.jpg

closer look at the chrome peeling

IMAG1576.jpg

IMAG1577.jpg

now taking them apart...

removed all the seals on the rear and bulbs..

IMAG1586.jpg

now into the oven.. did them at 180 for 8 mins..

IMAG1588.jpg

took them out, using two flat heads praised the glass away from the unit, came apart pretty easy

IMAG1589.jpg

this was the worst part.. grade 600 sand paper to remove the chrome..

IMAG1596.jpg

IMAG1597.jpg

after a long time later and all the chrome removed it was time for the primer.. we did 4 layers of this with 20 mins intervals from each layer

IMAG1602.jpg

IMAG1603.jpg

IMAG1621.jpg

let this dried for 24 hours and was time to paint them.. we decided not to go chrome and to try matt black instead.. felt it would be a nice contrast to to the red car...worst case would be just having to re-do all this again! so on went the paint.. again 4 layers with 20 min gaps..

IMAG1622.jpg

IMAG1623.jpg

IMAG1624.jpg

let this dry, decided to keep the reflectors chrome to break up the matt..

IMAG1628.jpg

then time to put them all back together.. basically in reverse of the earlier steps, had to put the rubber seals back on..

IMAG1629.jpg

and here they are... im pretty happy with them, just need a good polish then i will put them back on the car once the weather allows me to! if someone could embed these images would be really greatful

IMAG1631.jpg

IMAG1632.jpg

What a bargain, it has left you with a couple of £k to give the car a tidy up so you should have a great car for a nice price at the end of it.

yeah what im hoping! just doing all the body work atm then shall decide on where to take the engine, liking the look of the hybrid twins that are being developed..