The mkiv Supra Owners Club

garrett gt42 rebuild

simon197911

As Chris says, turbo dynamics have a very good reputation.

The turbo will have debris in from the destroyed thrust washers so will the whole engine. The only way to be safe is to strip the whole engine down inc the head, have it cleaned and replace all the seals too.

That's if you decide to keep it and it's not scrap.

Oil coolers and oil pump will need to be binned too and replaced.

• 4 weeks later...

Turbo has arrived, I have spoken to my Garrett man and he does not have a record of the Garrett number on the tag. And where are the turbine and compressor housings? Not sure if the bent fins on the compressor wheel are from the original damage or in transit. Turbos need either shipping with the housings on, or much better packaging than this. I need some more info please, by e-mail, not PM. Do you have a contact phone number?? Do you know what model turbo exactly this is supposed to be? Do you know where it was purchased from? It looks like a diesel engine turbo and they do not work reliably on petrol engines with the additional heat they produce. Thanks Simon, please respond to me at [email protected]