The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift tail light looms

ripped_fear

Sorry Jake, I misread your question somehow and gave an autopilot answer thinking that you were asking if facelift rears go straight on (assuming you had the looms). I should maybe have read your thread title...

The looms are different to pre-facelift. You'll need the looms too to make them plug and play. :)

I need facelift looms as mine are UK's. Got a price off Steve Manley today and they were cheaper than I expected at £29.34 each. Ordered the bulbs (8) as well which is another £21 :)

Loom part numbers if you need are: 81555-14700, 81565-14700, bulbs are 90981-13043 and 90981-13044, 4 of each.

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

Could you make your own connectors? When I fitted the facelift indicators I got some from eBay which only cost me about a fiver, and it was the same amount of work as buying and cutting the new loom up.

I'm not sure if the rear lights have a special connection, though :)

Could you make your own connectors? When I fitted the facelift indicators I got some from eBay which only cost me about a fiver, and it was the same amount of work as buying and cutting the new loom up.

I'm not sure if the rear lights have a special connection, though :)

No the bulbs and bulb holders are completely different on the facelift rear lights. If buying new the cheapest option is to buy the complete light assemblies which includes harness and all bulbs, part numbers RH 81550-14700 & LH 81560-14700

No the bulbs and bulb holders are completely different on the facelift rear lights. If buying new the cheapest option is to buy the complete light assemblies which includes harness and all bulbs, part numbers RH 81550-14700 & LH 81560-14700

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification, Nic :)

I've got a similar/related question - I've got a facelift (with facelift rears) but I'm about to pick up my next Supra which is one of the odd pre+facelift (96 car with mostly facelift bits but the odd pre-facelift bit). The new one has pre-facelift rear lights. Will it be possible to swap the rear lights between cars before I sell my current one, and if so is it complicated (ie require soldering or any sort of messing about) or can it be done easily?

I've got a similar/related question - I've got a facelift (with facelift rears) but I'm about to pick up my next Supra which is one of the odd pre+facelift (96 car with mostly facelift bits but the odd pre-facelift bit). The new one has pre-facelift rear lights. Will it be possible to swap the rear lights between cars before I sell my current one, and if so is it complicated (ie require soldering or any sort of messing about) or can it be done easily?

the looms have to stay with the lights, but the loom will plug in to either facelift or pre facelift car fine. The bulb holders are physically bigger on a pre facelift/UK car

Straight from the expert, cheers Si :cool: the new one is gunmetal and facelift lights will suit it much better. I have cwest covers that I'll maybe just let go with the old car when selling it then to make up for nicking the lights out of it.