The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New non supra owner

Guest k3vin

Hi all, I've joined here as it seems a great way to get help and info on my 2JZ GE engine which is going into my 87 Fox Mustang- a swap that is growing in popularity stateside, although I did think of it before I found that out :-)

I'm normally a GM LS engine guy, selling and modifying them here in the UK, but I must admit, the 2JZ is an awesome motor.

Kev.

Any pics of the Fox mustang?

Thanks guys, was beginning to think there's no love for the non supra owners :-)

I'll probably start a build thread at some point and put pics up. Like I mentioned before I've been mostly involved with the LS engine and 'am reasonably known in that scene. I build motors for a variety of uses and have a couple in the BDC in skylines and RX's, 2 more coming out next year.

I built a good motor for myself for the Fox but at the last minute decided to try something different, and despite what some think, building an LS for big power isn't cheap- I spent £600 just on bolts for one thing.

The 2JZ came about after I started seeing it on Yellow Bullet (those guys are crazy) as the motor gets a good weight break and can run nitrous with turbo in the very popular X275 racing- the decision from there was easy :-)

I think seeing that 2JZ car run a 6.27 kind of cemented it too, and that has screwed with a lot of the V8 crowd's heads LOL.

We're actually going to do two cars as a friend of mine has got the bug too and will be putting one in his drag car. He's aiming for 1500hp as the car is tagged to 8.50 but can be changed easily to a 7 second car.