The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offset Question AGAIN!!!

WaLKeRR

Right okay ive found two alloys on the internet which are 9.5j et 12 and im unsure il fit these under stock arch ( dont want to roll them ) some people say i will others dont, anyone clarify this... currently at moment im running a 10j et 35, so im going to poke out about 15mm? would i need to run a stretch tyre, also these will be 18's not 17's but all that will do is lose some arch gap?

any help appreciated as this offset crap does my nuts in!

well this is the thing thats weird i run a 265 on my 10j and have plenty of arch gap still and dont stick out too far (kyb gas shocks)

Im going to have to buy the alloys brand new a reckon in 18" 10j and pay full price i guess

I dont want an arch roll either, one body shop said the arch paint was to good ?? and would crack all my paint on the rear quarter??

well this is the thing thats weird i run a 265 on my 10j and have plenty of arch gap still and dont stick out too far (kyb gas shocks)

Im going to have to buy the alloys brand new a reckon in 18" 10j and pay full price i guess

I dont want an arch roll either, one body shop said the arch paint was to good ?? and would crack all my paint on the rear quarter??

The bodyshop i use hate rolling arches..they say water gets trapped in there and starts rusting.. so they have cut mine back and sealed them but that was during the respray... i think if there a cut back the heat effects the paint and the rear Qtrs will have to be repainted

Arch enemy are excellent if you do need an Arch roll, at most it will just crack the paint just where the arch is rolled and is not visable.

a 18x10 et35 would be fine with a 265.

- - - Updated - - -

The bodyshop i use hate rolling arches..they say water gets trapped in there and starts rusting.. so they have cut mine back and sealed them but that was during the respray... i think if there a cut back the heat effects the paint and the rear Qtrs will have to be repainted

they dont if you clean the lip first - roll it - then seal it

so if i got the same offset in 18" in theory im only losing arch gap? not going to poke anymore, i presume im just being a cheapskate and opting to save a few hundred quid, on other hand if i got 10j i get a 3" rear dish :p right well il have to get them ordered up need them before all the shows!!

The bodyshop i use hate rolling arches..they say water gets trapped in there and starts rusting.. so they have cut mine back and sealed them but that was during the respray

Both myths.

If done right, which anyone at arch enemy will do water will not get trapped and rust, it's also painted/coated at the back or it would rust now.

And the paint will only crack if the re spray wasn't done properly.

I've rolled suprasteveos arches and it came up amazing.

No paint flake, chips or anything.