The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jz non vvti conversion

Murf2j

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good new year.

I know 1jz conversions have been done before but how big of a job is it to actually do, I was hoping to swing towards a 1jz due to costs, I'm only 24 so like to spend money on other stuff young uns do. I have a w58 already on my n/a but was just wondering about wiring and bpu, engine mounting or the main differences about converting it over

If some one could help out or send me a link, I'm having trouble finding one

Cheers

Here is all I had for the wiring end of it mate, there is a second link in there too.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?254441-JZZ30-1JZ-Harness-Plugs

You'll need the ignitor from a 1JZ/2JZ TT, as well as a top radiator hose, other than that most of the hardware is interchangeable. I've a few posts about my own build/conversion thrown up here and there, mainly in the track car chat thread, I never bothered with a project thread as it has been going on since 2009!