The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t advice

scott87

Does anyone know what size i need?

There is the one larger pipe that connects to the rear of the top of the cam cover and the smaller one that comes from the front of the engine by the cambelt cover.

Pics?

I just stuck a small K&N filter to the cam cover.

Not sure what you mean about the front.

Pics?

I just stuck a small K&N filter to the cam cover.

Not sure what you mean about the front.

What size did u use for the one u had?

The one at the front is the same same as all the small breathers around the intake. It's more the large one at the back of the engine too can cover I'm not sure on size.

I can measure them. Just wanted to order now and it's raining outside :rolleyes:

Just buy the filters then measure accross the inside if the connecter in millimetres.

My hen measure the inside of your pipes from the cam covers then go on eBay and buy some hose connectors.

So if the cam cam cover pipe inside diameter ( ID) is 10mm on one pipe and 10mm on the k&n filter then it's just a simple case of a 10mm hose connecter.

And if the other pipe is larger say 16mm ID and the other k&n is 10mm just but a 10mm - 16mm reducer hose connector.

In some cases you can just buy them plastic ribbed hose connectors from your local automotive parts shop. :)

My drivers side breather has a filter on the end vented to atmosphere and the passenger side breather is connected as per stock to the inlet (passenger side has a one way valve as standard). Should I be venting them both atmospherically? :blink:

No the rear breather driver side is connected to the inlet normally.

Then there is another one from the the front of the engine to the left by the timing belt cover that goes to the inlet too. So there are 3 connections to the inlet including the sensor.

No the rear breather driver side is connected to the inlet normally.

Then there is another one from the the front of the engine to the left by the timing belt cover that goes to the inlet too. So there are 3 connections to the inlet including the sensor.

The third one you are thinking of is actually for the power steering idle up. It's a small diameter hose that runs behind the cam belt and across to the power steering pump :)

Same as balls deep, my intake sensor is actually in the hose on mine, cut a small hole in the hose and using the rubber grommet from the sensor it will push in

Then i have an alloy joiner between the hose and the filter which has a port welded on for the power steering vac hose

Can see my intake sensor here on the left