The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage help- Coilovers in south

ripped_fear

Not sure about the 40 miles bit but Srd would be the place

Id agree for major work but for suspension im sure a closer place will be fine as logn as they know what they are doing.

Do it yourself ? I'll be happy to help. I have done it before

Would do mate, but no clue where to start.

I haven't personally but they have been recommended to me by two people i know and they both said good things. :)

P.S. I have some KW V3's on order with them!!

Ok cheers I shall give them a ring and discuss. :thumbs:

keep the recommendations flowing just rang Regal Autosport they where very helpful but they where nearly £300 to have them fitted. Mission who I was originally going to go with quoted £150 but looking at the place on google maps im not sure.

What sort of pricing do you think would be reasonable?

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

You get what you pay for I'm afraid, I'm guessing for £150 they won't be doing corner weights or setting the geo etc. Correct suspension set up and geo is crucial to a car handling properly and personally I wouldn't be getting them fitted for the cheapest price, it's a job worth doing properly

I would fit them yourslef with some help if needs be then, pay the money to get them set up properly. I am more then willing to lend a hand fitting, although it is not that hard if you are a little mechanically minded, plus there is a fitting guide on here somewhere.

Maybe PM ManwithSupra as i believe he bought a corner weighting kit and may be up for helping you set them up.

You get what you pay for I'm afraid, I'm guessing for £150 they won't be doing corner weights or setting the geo etc. Correct suspension set up and geo is crucial to a car handling properly and personally I wouldn't be getting them fitted for the cheapest price, it's a job worth doing properly

This. A geometry is 60-100 on its own so 200-240 to fit the suspension sounds about right.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?177475-How-To-Front-amp-Rear-Suspension-Change-Aftermarket-Coilovers-Adjustment

It's not that bad a job tbh, and of course easier if there is 2 of you. Will take a few hours though and I'd advise spraying all the bolts with penetrating fluid the night before to make things a little easier. Personally, I'd fit them myself and get the geo setup done at Wheels In Motion :)

Wheels in Motion?

Have given them a call, but that's getting on for a 200 mile round trip. Bit of a mission if I can avoid it.

I would fit them yourslef with some help if needs be then, pay the money to get them set up properly. I am more then willing to lend a hand fitting, although it is not that hard if you are a little mechanically minded, plus there is a fitting guide on here somewhere.

Maybe PM ManwithSupra as i believe he bought a corner weighting kit and may be up for helping you set them up.

Ok mate cheers, its just not a job I relish taking on myself tbh. Will keep it in mind though. :thumbs: Thanks

This. A geometry is 60-100 on its own so 200-240 to fit the suspension sounds about right.

Fair enough then, I think I shall pop down to them and see what they will do for the £££ if that's including geo etc I may just go with them then :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?177475-How-To-Front-amp-Rear-Suspension-Change-Aftermarket-Coilovers-Adjustment

It's not that bad a job tbh, and of course easier if there is 2 of you. Will take a few hours though and I'd advise spraying all the bolts with penetrating fluid the night before to make things a little easier. Personally, I'd fit them myself and get the geo setup done at Wheels In Motion :)

Thanks for the link.

Unless the geo is already correct, and you set the new units to exactly the same ride height, the car will need the geometry re-setting. corner weighting is a bit OTT on a road car, if the springs are equal in spring rate and length, setting the seats at the same heights side to side would be adequate, unless you have obscene spring rates fitted.

ot her back, drive great. However they chickened out on rolling the archs as they started and i quote 'started making some creaks' due to them being doubled skinned. I can always book at arch enemy if its needed but its only scraping on big bumps.

Any way before and after pics-

Before front

attachment.php?attachmentid=179729&stc=1&d=1390240420

Before rear

attachment.php?attachmentid=179730&stc=1&d=1390240420

attachment.php?attachmentid=179731&stc=1&d=1390240420

After front

attachment.php?attachmentid=179732&stc=1&d=1390240420

After rear

attachment.php?attachmentid=179733&stc=1&d=1390240420

Chickened out of rolling the arches because of creaking???

Slap em!

Arch enemy will do a good job, I did my training with them

Yeah lol he was concerned and didnt want to crack the paint after seeing the car. Im going to get arch enemy to do i think after cancelling them for ease sake. lol

Glad you got them fitted ok. Saw the pics on the Regal facebook page. Sorry they didnt roll the arches but at least they didnt try anyway and bugger it up. Arch enemy did the arches on my mk2 golf. They were very good!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. My KW's turned up Monday which i ordered through them. Happy days!