The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Ported Throttle Body & Y Branch

Noz

I was polishing this items for my water meth setup, just to help get a tiny few more bhp while I was changing them anyway.

I can't find the post directly, but Herb gained 14bhp mid-range and 3bhp top end by porting and polishing his intake setup. If someones painting these items anyway it might be worth a swap.

Tuning NA engines is hard and timeless for little gain. But small changes will help you pick up the power you do have, thus Herb's 14bhp mid-range efforts.

I'm making a custom Y branch with a different throttle body, so my efforts on these items is sadly wasted.

I've also painted and removed the porous exterior of the Y branch ready for painting. The throttle body just needs a final polish inside where I wasn't happy with removing the steps.

The throttle body has been stripped of the items. I can either supply these items or you can just swap over from your own throttle body.

Looking for offers, just want them to go to a nice home and pay for what they cost me in the first place.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179307[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179308[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179309[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179310[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179312[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179313[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179314[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179315[/ATTACH]

A combination of flow helped Herb as stated 14bhp on his mid range.

With NA tuning guys you can't expect a huge jump on any modification. This was something I done just to give as much as I could. I'd just like some offers thrown about really.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me check my pennies :)

Which suspension. I've lost track of parts I'm buying as bought so much!

I thought you wanted some OEM suspension I had knocking about buddy

A combination of flow helped Herb as stated 14bhp on his mid range.

With NA tuning guys you can't expect a huge jump on any modification. This was something I done just to give as much as I could. I'd just like some offers thrown about really.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought you wanted some OEM suspension I had knocking about buddy

Its very possible. I popped up a post the other day asking who i had or had planned to gets parts from as i had a mad couple of months and lost track.

pm me if you like :)

• 2 years later...
You find any difference in driving or torque or power increase at all with this? Wondering whether its a worthwhile mod to do

A fairly noticeable improvement in terms of the throttle response definitely.

For the money it costs to do I'd say it's 100% worth doing if you have the time.

A fairly noticeable improvement in terms of the throttle response definitely.

For the money it costs to do I'd say it's 100% worth doing if you have the time.

Lol but let's be honest, you paid the money and I spent HOUR's of my life polishing it out.

If you have the time, and want to give it ago, or I could always sort an intake out polished for a price :) But it takes AGES and I only sold it quick because I knew I was going for a different intake anyway.

Lol but let's be honest, you paid the money and I spent HOUR's of my life polishing it out.

If you have the time, and want to give it ago, or I could always sort an intake out polished for a price :) But it takes AGES and I only sold it quick because I knew I was going for a different intake anyway.

Lol exactly, all of the gains none of the work that's me!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.